Home General Discussion

September 11

dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not a day that I set on the calendar to celebrate/mourn/get pissed, was actually surprised to see it was the 11th. But thinking on it, I am sure it is a day, like when Kennedy was shot, that everybody remembers what they were doing that day. I am not sure that there has been another event in my lifetime that has changed our country more. What do you think?
A little dirt never hurt

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seemed not to get as much attention this year as it has in the past. Nat Geo and the history channel did some specials.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on the bus in high school when it happened. I remember thinking it had to be a bad joke by the DJs. We spent half the day watching the news, and went home early. 

This is was the moment I knew we were not as safe as we pretended. Harsh lesson for a kid.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    I was at work we sat there and watched the news all day. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got of the midnight shift and was about to hop in bed.
    My sister called and told me to turn on the TV.
    What channel?
    Any Channel......
    I don't think I moved from the TV until I went back to work.
    I remember feeling real hate for a long time.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at work when someone ran thru the plant and told everyone to go to the lunch room where there was a t.v. Got there just as the second plane crashed into the other tower.Remember feeling hate, disbelief and all I could think of was getting home and putting a Flag out on the lawn. It's a shame because I bet if you asked younger kids today what 9-11 means they'd have no idea.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    Sleddog46 said:
    I was at work when someone ran thru the plant and told everyone to go to the lunch room where there was a t.v. Got there just as the second plane crashed into the other tower.Remember feeling hate, disbelief and all I could think of was getting home and putting a Flag out on the lawn. It's a shame because I bet if you asked younger kids today what 9-11 means they'd have no idea.
    Last year my twins where in the 3rd grade. They came home and asked questions. They actually knew a lot so I let them watch some of the History channel programs to fill in the blanks.