Home General Discussion

My Travel Humidor, Got TSA Question

TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
A couple years back I bought a Cigar Caddy and lined it with 3/16" Spanish cedar (PITA) it has its purpose as going to Colorado was very very dry and worried TSA was going to take my Boveda pack.

TSA didn't take the Boveda pack or my cigars to and from Houston to Denver, but they did look really hard at it under the X-ray machine and looked at me and then kept looking until I told them they were cigars!!! 

My question is have any of y'all had trouble with TSA and bringing them in your carry on lately? I haven't flown in 3 years or so and really don't want to check them, afraid someone will want some Padrons and Cubans and steal them.

Thanks guys

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

Comments

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had mine in my backpack as a carry on going to Puerto Rico and didn't have any problems to and from. 
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pacman84, Good to here man, Should be good hopefully, don't want them picking through my sticks either but If they do they do.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    @Pacman84, Good to here man, Should be good hopefully, don't want them picking through my sticks either but If they do they do.
    You should be fine. The only things I put in my checked luggage were the cutter and lighter. 
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigars are permissible for carry on luggage, TSA has no authority. I fly with mine all the time.
    Thanks guys, packing like a rat have to leave house at 3AM :#

@bandyt09, So beer&liquor under 25% is allowed in checked bag as long as weight limit of bag is met? I'm allergic to wheat so can only have gluten free beer and cider, most GF beer is $hit so wanting to take some of the good bottles that are hard for me to get my hands on. I got 1 free carry on bag and can stuff with beer if allowed, or will have to put the beer in checked and hope it doesn't break and move some clothes to carry on.      
    Just read beer must be checked 3.4oz rule.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had my 40ct herf stuffed with Cubans and they never asked a question.

I have also had it in my chk'd bag with a TSA approved lock on it and they never opened it. Had it marked to see if they did open it.

It just depends if the person is having a shittty day if they wanna mess with you it seems. Much like customs. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They never looked at my cigars twice, but they did confiscate the seeds I bright back from Mumbai....... dirty ****.  Ha, they didn't get them all
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made it thru TSA will a Herf-a-dor this morning, no problems, thought they might pick off the cutters but no troubles.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brought cigars back from Germany in carry on bag = No Problem

Just went back and forth to Virginia = No Problem

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Thanks guys, I made it to Stuart Florida yesterday evening, sleep deprived out of my mind. No wonder people go psychotic after days without sleep.

Everything went fine with the cigars, and all 18lbs. of beer in the checked was fine and not broken.

Only problem during TSA screening was the body scan machine alerted to a bandaid I had on my leg!!! Three TSA guys came and one told me they would need to preform a full body search, asked me if I wanted to be searched there in the line or in the back room, I said do what you got to do…took the guy 5 minutes to search me… not exactly cool with some TSA guy running his hands on and around your junk. After the search he swabbed my hands to check for bomb residue and ran that through a machine. WTF LOL 

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably put your name on some list lol 
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    @Sketch6995 Ya the list of the violated 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Freedom Frisk, security theater at its finest. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never been checked for cigars, but they have searched my bag for ground coffee.

The two things I can't live without.  Next time I'm bringing a grinder and whole beans.  Let's see how they deal with that!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.