Home General Discussion

Expandable humidor

deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's on another similar site, so I didn't post a link. 

Has anyone seen on of theses. It's fully modular. 

Thoughts? Opinions? Not that expensive either. 

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably would suck.  All those "seams" where you can add other pieces will be places for temperature and humidity to leak or exchange with outside air.  To me it would be a losing battle trying to keep it stable.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably would suck.  All those "seams" where you can add other pieces will be places for temperature and humidity to leak or exchange with outside air.  To me it would be a losing battle trying to keep it stable.
    Unless, of course, it was designed and built by a German.  But then it would be too expensive.  ;)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgive as I assumed but he said it wasn't that expensive either.  To me you get what you pay for when it comes to humidors.  Thats why I go the cooler route.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sections are under $100 each. 

@avengethis I was thinking the same about loosing humidity at the seams. It's a good idea, if it works. I just wonder how involved it would be. I like my cooler I just have OCD about the organization in there. The cigar I have on my mind to smoke next always seems to be on the bottom. 
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @deadman time to invest in a tower buddy B)
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    edited September 2017
    Markwell said:
    @deadman time to invest in a tower buddy B)
    I know but I'm experiencing difficulties. Its called my wife.  :D
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a similar concept with my coolers. I stack them. 

Clean out a corner of your closet and start stacking, Hang some trousers lengthwise over them. She won't notice them until ya' got two or three stacked in there already.  
    Bob_Luken said:

Clean out a corner of your closet and start stacking, Hang some trousers lengthwise over them. She won't notice them until ya' got two or three stacked in there already.  
    Tried that

She noticed  :D
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried hiding them in the deep confines of your cellar, Nick? The women folk typically don't venture down there.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's funny.  Colleen told me over a year ago that there was no way I could have another cooler.  Took her five minutes to notice the cooler in the office, now she's used to it.  Plus as soon as an order is placed colleen gets an email, so she knows exactly how many cigars I buy.  The soon to be next cooler is more of a problem of where to put.  Moral of the story just do it, and hunker in for the talk.  Should work out in the end. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
     :D I got a Wal-Mart prepaid card. When she makes me stop at the store I get $20 cashback. I consider it a tip for my trouble.
    So when she looks at the bank statement, she asks about the gallon of milk that cost $24?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    edited September 2017
    It's rare that I have to stop for just a few things but when I do I just say I needed some cash. She doesn't have a problem with my spending just my spending on cigars.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

Hey, aren't you the guy that built a fort with them "that one time".
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    0patience said:
    deadman said:
     :D I got a Wal-Mart prepaid card. When she makes me stop at the store I get $20 cashback. I consider it a tip for my trouble.
    So when she looks at the bank statement, she asks about the gallon of milk that cost $24?
    I rarely get to pick up just one or two things but when I do I just tell her I needed some cash. She has no problem with my spending, as long as it's not more cigars.