Home General Discussion

Order processing

I have a question for anyone that has placed an order on this site. I have placed an order for one cigar that was in stock on 6/8 and today on 6/12 I checked the order status and it still says processing. Has this happened to anyone else? How long does it take for the order to be processed? Any answers would be greatly appericiated, thanks! 
Tagged:

Answers

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    It was right before the weekend, so it will ship this week. They got other orders to fill as well I would assume.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they send a driver out to deliver those, depends on how far you are from the warehouse
    A little dirt never hurt
  • SmokerPaulSmokerPaul Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Bit of a thread resurrection but I hate starting new ones when the topic has been covered fairly recently. 

I placed an order on Wednesday the 27th around lunch time and it still says processing. I can't imagine this is normal but maybe my expectation that a 24 hr turn around to get stuff shipped is unreasonable. I've had product delivered next day with regular shipping from smokingpipes.com. 
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give them a call. I had an issue with age verification that delayed the shipment of an order. 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely give them a call. Never hurts. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you order from a large online company like ccom these things happen. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

That confirms my thinking...this isn't normal.  I'm not so concerned about a hiccup, just wanted to verify.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, check what you ordered on the site, it may be that the cigar you ordered has become back ordered.

I made an order for something and it became back ordered.
    Sometimes these things happen, especially if it is a limited or short run cigar.

Agree with everyone. Call them and see what the status is.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    I was thinking that also, with it becoming backordered. 
    When I review the order there's nothing showing back ordered, that was my first thought so I checked.  I just looked again and went to the actual page for the cigar I ordered and it's now showing back ordered...who knows.  I'll call them tomorrow.
    When I review the order there's nothing showing back ordered, that was my first thought so I checked.  I just looked again and went to the actual page for the cigar I ordered and it's now showing back ordered...who knows.  I'll call them tomorrow.
    This will happen time to time. Call them and get a time frame of the backorder. Sometimes it's not that bad.
    edited October 2017
    Well I found out that apparently there was some issue with PayPal yet no one has reached out to me about it even though the person I spoke to could clearly see there had been an issue.  Poor way to start a relationship with a new vendor...said I would've gotten a call or possibly an email today (2.5 business days after the order is placed).  It's a shame b/c I was looking forward to the sampler.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What were you looking for @SmokerPaul, decent chance somebody has some taking up room in their humi.
    A little dirt never hurt
    That's a great thought!  However, I'm just going to visit the local B&M and buy some stuff for my trip next week. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have discovered that ccom will not reach out to you if there is a processing problem.  It is up to you to call and get it sorted out.  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    I have discovered that ccom will not reach out to you if there is a processing problem.  It is up to you to call and get it sorted out.  

So it would seem but IMO there's no excuse for that kind of service...they are an online retailer; service & price are their value.  Granted they have a cost associated with this forum as well but I don't know how much that does to get people to buy from them vs. someone else.  I'm not writing them off but I'll buy locally to get what I want this time around.  And yes, I've been known to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Lake Zurich, IL...I ate at a great Greek Restaurant in what I can assume was the "downtown" area about 4 years ago.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was simply stating an unfortunate part of ccom, I too feel as you do.  Any way what brought you so for north in Il?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    I was visiting customers in the Chicago and Milwaukee area and one of them was nearby. I got there early and started looking for lunch options nearby and found that place.