Home Non Cigar Related

Las Vegas

deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in Non Cigar Related
WTF -- You can't go anywhere anymore. 

The wife's Niece and her husband are on their honeymoon there. Said they are on lockdown and would be notified when they can leave their room. 

Pray for the families that did loose someone.

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pictures are unreal...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for all involved 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Heard from them again. They left about an hour before this happened. They're pretty shaken up. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad they are OK.
    Even if there was a fool-proof test for insanity there are so many guns and careless people around that a crazed person could get their hands on one. I don't see a sensible solution to this problem except perhaps re-opening some of the state hospitals instead of just locking up people who need mental health help.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Locking up or more likely letting them roam the streets. We saved a lot of money closing those hospitals.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

CBS fires vice president who said Vegas victims didn't deserve sympathy because country music fans 'often are Republican'

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/02/top-cbs-lawyer-no-sympathy-for-vegas-vics-probably-republicans.html

Referenced victims as "repugs". Wow that didn't take long.

I did not want to post on this subject at all, all of the victims are not even accounted for. It is a seriously sick and horrendous incident. It will be weeks before all that can be known will be known.

But there is a certain segment of this country that is just plain adding to the anger and they are not doing anyone any good. Sick and mindless xxxxxxxx who make such disgusting comments should all be checked into a padded cell. They should be ostracized for the unthinking moronic idiots that they are, and any company that protects them should be on a nationwide boycott list.

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today is my day off so I was out running errands and stuff.
    What keeps going through my mind is what kind of thought process goes through a mans mind to do this. Reserving a specific room months in advance, amassing a large quantity of guns and ammo, and killing innocent people at random. 
    Why? 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This world is just messed up
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turns out the shooter and his "roommate" own a house in Reno. I've actually met her multiple times. And he looks disturbingly familiar.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ 1 that is too logical.
    2 there is no accountability in this world anymore, it is never the fault of the individual.  Now days the blame is always passed around.

homer Simpson many years ago said "it's easy to blame ourselves, but it even easier to blame somebody else". This has never been more true in our society, truly sad.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for all the people affected, the living and the dead.
    Have we heard from the best firearms salesman this country has ever had, obozo?
    I see his wife is back making asinine statements elsewhere. Hope she has learned not to move her lips when making anti flag statements.
    edited October 2017
    I have been asked multiple times, as a minister what is my take. Honestly I have no words. I know this, guns are not evil, neither is a knife or a sword, but they all can be used to kill. The problem is with people. Pure evil, and hate. We need God in our hearts and life. These folks are hurting right now. They need our love and compassion, not political bags of hot air. I wished the media, and the politicians fanning flames right now would just shut up.
    I agree, we all need to believe in something that holds us together, religion or family. Something.
    I think it is even worse than that.
    People are being told what to think, and what to, and not say.
    Our kids are not being educated, they are being indoctrinated.
    Social media is being controlled and even then it is full of trash. Keyboard Warriors and PC Commandos don't care what they type and they never have to face whoever they are insulting or demeaning. They revel in fake news and falsehoods.
    We have become a nation of "I am right and you are wrong".
    Corrupt and conniving self serving wannabe politicians.
    A media that has an agenda and it has nothing to do with the truth.
    Reason, facts and truth take a back seat to everything.