Home Non Cigar Related

Remembering my...

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
Starting this thread for anyone who wants to chime in and remember a friend or family member.  I lost both last week when my father passed away and I thought I'd post a bit here of what I remember were the good times.

One of the things I remember from when I was young was my Dad waking my sister and I up early on the weekend so we could go out to an empty construction lot and collect fossils.  Construction had been halted there for years and I believe they may have pulled out an entire petrified skeleton, but we really enjoyed sifting and collecting sharks teeth and vertebrae.  Donuts were often involved, it was great fun.  My dad worked a lot, but he did find time to spend with the family.

Here's to you, Pops.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear if your loss Chris. My thoughts are with you and your family. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea for a thread, Chris.  Sorry for the loss of your dad.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss Chris
    A little dirt never hurt
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences Chris
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences on your loss Chris.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, Chris.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry for the loss of your Dad.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris, sorry for your loss now let me share my thoughts. My Dad died when I was 10 and some of the few memories I have is standing at the end of the street, waiting for him to come home for lunch. He drove a beer delivery truck and would stop and put me on his lap and let me think I was steering up to the house. I had to be 3 or 4 then. Also I remember every Friday night in the summer he would come home and after dinner take my sister and me to Clementon Amusement park (which is still in operation) and take us on the rides. He died far young (46) and I miss that I lost so much in growing up without him.
    I Love you Dad
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    So sorry to hear of your loss Chris.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences to you and your family Chris. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember all the good times, Chris. He's in a much better place now than this old world. Never makes it easier, I know, but I'm sure he is happy to be up there in the big rock candy mountains.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear of your loss.
    I lost my God Father and Uncle Chuck the 16th of last month.  He was 90 years old and loved by many. He was a grown up that listened and only gave advice when asked. Luckily we made a visit the month before, instead of just attending a funeral.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5