Home Non Cigar Related

Exotic Pet Show.....

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
....in jackson and my wife and daughter are are the way. 
Please pray for me.

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as it isn't one of those abnormally small dogs with bad tempers you'll survive  :|
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    There's a snake, two hermit crabs, uncounted fish, and three dogs here. The bearded dragon moved out with my niece. Now, my daughter wants a tarantula. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ferrets!!  That's what you need!!  We kept my son's ferrets when he was stationed in Korea.  They're hilarious!  Wicked smart, too.  Maybe too smart.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 Rats
    1 Hedgehog
    1 Bag of worms
    I guess I got off light
    Are worms hard to train?

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mama will come home with
    and
    and
    Good luck brother
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stepdaughter is the official snake wrangler on the property. I have seen her catch more snakes then I would have believed could live here. All kinds and she makes sure to stick them in my face and wake me up. She moves them way down the road to an unpopulated area.
    I am not afraid of snakes but I generally back up when I encounter one. I think that is prudent and smart and wise.
    She has yet wanted to keep one. I hope that never changes.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snakes make nice pets in the form of:  Boots, Shoes, Wallets, Belts, Key Fobs, even a binder now and then.

They are nice because:  You don't need to feed them, They cant bite you, and nothing to clean up after.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took care of an 8' red tail Colombian boa for a friend for almost a year.  Had an enclosure that I could crawl inside for cleaning, big snake.  Never warmed up to it, they're cold blooded by nature and temperament, but it was cool.  My daughter loves her rosy Mexican boa, it'll only get to be about 4' long which is a more manageable size, I think.

We had all sorts of pets when I was a kid.  Hamsters, chickens, turtles, dogs, cats, etc.  My Mom's deathly afraid of birds, so that was out.  We took care of one of my dad's friends parrot for a week or two, Admiral Bird, that thing swore like a drunken sailor the whole time.

I knew someone who kept a scorpion as a pet.  This is a bit of a Pops story, we were hiking in San Gorgonio Mountains, IIRC, my Dad, Sister and I and we were meeting one of my dad's friends there.  My dad would take us hiking all the time, often we'd go into silver mines with miners lamps that are powered by carbide rock, the lamps that drip water down to make acetylene gas for a nice, white light.  Other times we'd pan for gold at a creek.  

Anyway, we met up with my dad's friend and he mentioned that we walked right through a rattlesnake nest.  We didn't even see them.  We were sitting down on logs and talking when he looks down and sees the scorpion on his leg.  We put that scorpion in the can of calcium carbide rock that my dad had with him in his pack and that scorpion was still alive when he got home, so he kept him.  

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )