Home Non Cigar Related

Reverse caller ID.....????

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in Non Cigar Related
Anyone know of a legitimate reverse phone number ID lookup?

All of a sudden they are coming in hot and heavy.
All the ID sites look like they too are scams and not at all trustworthy.
Years ago there was a reverse lookup that was simple and honest, where did it go?

The local phone company will not sell IQ service to block calls. So, I found a phone that has "caller block" built in, very easy to use. But, I don't know how many more I can add to it.
I am on every "opt out" and "do not call" list I can find. They just seem to increase the calls.

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started not answering. It was an issue yesterday, employee called in but to my cell instead of the company lines. I have told them to just text me if they can’t get through. All those lookup sites look sketchy now and will give the number as a person or cell but they are actually a company. 
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I let it all go to voice mail. The clowns never leave a message, they just move on. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know of a legitimate reverse phone number ID lookup?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use White Pages. It's free from the App Store. It has a phone lookup and it seems to work for me. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. The problem is, most those spam calls are spoofed numbers.
    So it usualy doesn't matter if you can look them up or not. I actually got a call once from an automated number that showed the number calling as my wife's number.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Nope. The problem is, most those spam calls are spoofed numbers.
    So it usualy doesn't matter if you can look them up or not. I actually got a call once from an automated number that showed the number calling as my wife's number.
    Agreed. If you're looking for protection from spam callers try the app called True Caller. Not only does it let you update the list of spam callers daily or more, you can copy and add any numbers that you get calls from so that you're helping other folks update their lists. 

Ive had a lot fewer spam calls since I downloaded the app. When you gat a call from a number on the list the app gives you a red warning sign that the caller is spamming and you can just avoid the call. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear President Trump
    I would like to talk to you about spam, nuisance calls, spoofed numbers and rude scam callers with heavy accents. Do you think.........
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the calls start around the same time the wire was cut a our your horse pasture?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the calls start around the same time the wire was cut a our your horse pasture?
    Selling on call fence repair. 
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Selling on call fence repair. 
    Selling horses.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on a job that I was not allowed to carry a phone, my boss calls me, I see him on caller ID, I answer 'this is Randy's phone, he is working and will call you after work, leave a message at the beep....BEEP.' Lots of expletive deleted's
    A little dirt never hurt