Home General Discussion

30 Minute Cigars

Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been looking for a couple of different cigars to add to the box that do not take 60-90 minutes too smoke. 

I realize that I can always light one of my favorites and put it out when time runs out, but who wants to light a really hard to find or expensive cigar to not finish it?

I do enjoy Arturo Fuente's Short Story cigar

any other suggestions?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might seek out the Papi Chulo vitolas of Room 101 cigars. I believe some, most, or all are 4" x 42. I believe they are discontinued. And there were some big discounts a while back. Maybe still. 
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJ Fernadrz Last Call has a small one that I enjoy!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pali chuli's are good for winter. I enjoy a clove or two as well.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Man o War Puro Authentico
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asylum 44's

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone
    Will try a few and add them to the humidor
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    herrera esteli norteno coronita
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like coronas, but they're a bit longer than 30 minutes most of the time.

La Palina El Diario Kill Bill is a strong, short smoke.  I like the MOW Armada Corona, Warped La Colmena Amado #44 Corona, Crowned Heads La Carema Coasacos Corona, and the Warped La Hacienda Superiores Corona.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the DPG Blue cigarillo. They last about 30 minutes, and taste fantastic in small guage.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Quesada Heisenberg Petite (although it's still longer than 30 min. for me)

If you want even less, look for some of the tinned cigarillos. I like some more than others, but here's a few I've enjoyed:

Cohiba Black
    Padron Cortico Maduro
    Davidoff Primeros
    Ashton Half Corona (both cameroon and CT)

Those Ashton's might be your best bet for this length of time, the others smoke much more quickly.

Perdomo Small Batch has half corona's, too, but I haven't tried them.  These are available in both CT and Maduro.  They seem $$$$ to me, though.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I like the Fuente Cubanitos. They're tinned and last about 30 minutes. 

I'm enjoying one as we speak.....
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man O' War Dark Horse is pretty good 4.5x44, last a little longer than 30 minutes though.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look into the new Tatuaje Tattoo Needles Petit Corona. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jose L. Piedra Brevas
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    I don't feel bad about tossing a large portion of a stick as long as the money was well spent. We are talkin' about money, right? We ain't cryin' over a stick because it only got half-smoked are we? Does the tobacco have to be all used up? Ya' gotta nub it? Is it an OCD thing? Just wondering. 

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, some of us are a bit OCD.
    It's one of those, don't like to not finish something.

In my case, money is never the issue with a cigar. 
    I like some quick cigars, like small coronas that I can smoke leisurely, but in the time I want. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I don't feel bad about tossing a large portion of a stick as long as the money was well spent. We are talkin' about money, right? We ain't cryin' over a stick because it only got half-smoked are we? Does the tobacco have to be all used up? Ya' gotta nub it? Is it an OCD thing? Just wondering. 

Bob_Luken said:

Well, if i really am in the mood for a cigar and i only have 20-40 minutes, do i really want to smoke 1/3 - 1/2 of a 15.00 cigar and throw the rest away?  I have tried cutting and relighting later and it just doesn't taste as good
    edited October 2017
    Diver43 said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Bob_Luken said:

Well, if i really am in the mood for a cigar and i only have 20-40 minutes, do i really want to smoke 1/3 - 1/2 of a 15.00 cigar and throw the rest away?  I have tried cutting and relighting later and it just doesn't taste as good
    No, I'm not saying waste a 15 dollar cigar if you only got 30 minutes.  

I went back and read what I wrote and I think I made a mess of what I meant to say. Let me try again. . . 

What I mean is,... as long as price and enjoyment are equal, I don't necessarily need a smaller cigar to fit the time allotted. I just need a cigar that doesn't cost too much to waste on that thirty minutes, regardless of it's size. 

We often have this same conversation on this forum and we all talk about smaller cigars for shorter duration but vitola is irrelevant. It's really about the money. The decision to be made is exactly how much money each of us can bear spending on a thirty minute smoke break.