Home Ratings & Reviews

Recommendations?

Newer to the hobby and trying to broaden my tastes.  I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on some good ones that are mild in flavor--maybe even on the sweet side--or at least not a "harsher/bitterness" to them.

Best Answers

Answers

• CheckCheck Posts: 10
    Thanks for the tips.  I did have a bad experience from "power smoking" one and got sick from it.  Thought i was a light-weight until i did a little research.
    As far as the infused or straight, i'm open to try anything.  Just trying to avoid the "lump of coal" feeling that i've gotten from a couple.  Monte's seem to have been pretty good luck.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
     "harsher/bitterness" usually comes from smoking to fast. If Im reading a book while enjoying a cigar I usually read a page, take a puff read another page take another puff. 

@First_Warrior fast reader, it takes me 30 seconds, to 30 minutes to read pictures, lol

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will only add:  Slow down on your smoking pace, get the best cigars  you can afford and try many.  Once you find your go to sticks you can try others from that maker and go from there.  I kept/keep a cigar log.  When I first started I logged every single one I lit and wrote what I liked and didn't, gave it my own STAR rating per say.

Now I more or less log the new ones I try that are really good or really bad for future reference.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jgibv has a system; has a jar for cigar bands of ones he liked, and a ziplock for bands of sticks he didn't care for, but is saving to send someone for projects.  Then when it's time to shop for more he can just look through the jar, knowing he'd smoke those again.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis