Home General Discussion

Guatemala

thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
I don’t know if I have talked about this or not, but I frequently go on mission trips with my church, and Saturday, I will be going to Guatemala for the third time. I film for my church while I’m there and we always make a video on our return.

we support an orphanage as well as multiple feeding centers, and we are always involved with projects like building beds and giving water filters to families.

one of the days we go to Antigua and I’ve seen some cigar shops but have never gone in... I’m thinking of checking them out. I was wondering what brands of cigars I might want to keep an eye out for, that I might now be able to find here in the states.

Comments

• thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    In case anyone is interested... here is the video we made from last years trip to Honduras that we showed in Church.  I am a one man crew while there. It’s a lot of hard work, but it’s slways been a dream of mine.

https://vimeo.com/189403129
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video Jeff, keep on with the Lord's work bro. **** the cigars, you have more important things to do. But if you do happen to run across...PM sent
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    What a beautiful video. You are a natural at capturing peoples emotions on camera. A true cinematographer. Best of luck finding some good cigars. Ask the locals, they will direct you to the rollers.   
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful job Jeff. Truly inspiring. Hope you don’t mind I shared it on FB
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thehilk said:
    In case anyone is interested... here is the video we made from last years trip to Honduras that we showed in Church.  I am a one man crew while there. It’s a lot of hard work, but it’s slways been a dream of mine.

https://vimeo.com/189403129
    Jeff, this is a very beautiful video. It brought us to tears as my wife is a cancer survivor. I guess no one thinks of cancer victims (especially children) and the quality of their lives in another country. Best of Luck to you.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words. And thanks for the shares! That’s the reason I go and do this, is to share what God is doing in and through his people!!! 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atheists take note:
    This is what it's about.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very moving video, challenges me to want to do more for Jesus every day!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    That little guy that said he was four but looked two, and all them little faces in masks..

Excuse me... I have a bit of sentiment stuck in my eye...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No kid should have to grow up around razor wire, Thank you for sharing.

My heat and my eyes hurt...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving your pictures on FB brother. 
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bless you for all you and your church do. This will make a HUGE difference in their lives. Looking forward to the video.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you are back safe and sound!!!

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!