Home Non Cigar Related

Prayers for new job

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

I just got word from a friend of mine on the railroad that he thinks he has a spot for me working a few days a week on their steam locomotives and passenger car fleet.

This would be a huge deal for me as its been extremely hard to find a railroad job ever since I got laid off in 2011. As many of you know I've been working crap jobs up here in jerk water country to get by the last few years.

Been doing a lot of praying and would really appreciate your prayers as well. Fingers crossed, this may be my chance to get the foot back in the door and kickstart the old RR Retirement.
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck @Markwell
    A little dirt never hurt
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck 
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Definitely! 
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck 
    Stay positive and good things will happen!

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you. 
    Be confident, you got this.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got them Buddy!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the car restoration gig? That sounded like tons of fun.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for all the well wishes fellas; it's looking good! I talked to my friend a good hour last night. Right now they're looking at giving me 2 days a week on the steamie and other projects in their passenger fleet. That's definitely a step in the right direction.

@webmost Still planning to do that - we're waiting on the business license to go through now. This gig would only be a few days a week tops for the forseable future, although I'd go full time in a heartbeat if asked. At the end of the day trains come before cars.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Mark. 
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you. Hope it all works out.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Markwell, Wishing you the best man! That RR retirement is crazy with the benefits and all, know an older lady who is an engineer with BNSF and she's straight setup for life!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, Mark.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying brother. Good luck!
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers going your way!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers are coming. Best of Luck!!!!!

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome news, prayers.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!