Home Non Cigar Related

On line travel sites

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have better luck with one or the other. Seems much cheaper if you use one than to do the separate bookings yourself. 

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kayak and Orbitz are what I use. I know orbitz is old school but it saved me some money last time and offered a couple options that Kayak didn't have.

Clear your browser history before searching otherwise the sites know you have been watching a flight and it will go up. I keep a separate browser just for this so I don't have to worry about clearing cookies/history I might not want to erase.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: I quick search for an article to link here showed there are articles saying this is true and some saying it isn't. Can't hurt you though, so you might as well.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's true Charlie. I was searching for flights and the deals kept getting more expensive and scarcer within just a short time searching. They were trying to scare me into commiting. Wayne warned me to always search incognito mode or in-private mode. And clear your searches as you go. Seems like it's rigged to me.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I look up the prices on those sites then call the hotel or whatever and book myself. You can almost always get it for close to same price. Plus if something is wrong you don’t have to go through all the bs with the online company, you can deal with the hotel directly. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree Ricky, my daughter and grandkids flew out and got a deal from expedia/Orbitz for 142 each way, I checked with the airline and got 143 both ways.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groupon or Expedia for deals on airfare+lodging "packages".

Trivago or Kayak for hotels/resorts.
    (And VRBO for longer-term cabin/house rentals.) 

Secretflying, Airfarewatchdog, or Google Flights for airfare deals. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *