Home Non Cigar Related

Manhattan Killer

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

By now everyone's at least aware of this tragedy, what's bugging me is some of the media coverage. 

I saw an article/allegation on the MSN page this morning that "Trump's tweets may make it difficult to prosecute..."  Apparently Trump has tweeted that this little jerk should be sent to Guantanamo, or perhaps executed.  I'm good with either.  But, apparently some think that this opinion may interfere with the prosecution? 

W  T  F  ? 

Then, later today, I hear New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio opining that the death penalty isn't proper, but that he hopes that the terrorist "rots in jail for the rest of his life". 

Um, Bill, that's a death penalty, prolonged and expensive instead of quick and efficient.  I'm kind of OK with that, too, since we don't want other would-be martyrs thinking that this is a great way to get to Heaven, or wherever he thinks he's going. 

Here's what's bugging me.  Is this trial going to be in New York?  Under New York State law?  Does that mean that the terrorist is going to get to sue the brave cop who shot him?  And then move into the cops house? 

You never know.

:/

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I believe  that Mr Trump's should have his twitter account shut down and phone taken away, but this is pure BS. The media  will twist, take out of context and omit portions of what he says to attempt to make him look bad.

KIll the SOB and save millions
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5