Home General Discussion

Has anybody tried...

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Bourbon infused cigars. I love Bourbon but smoked an Acid Infused and didn't care for it.Too sweet for my taste  Curious about the Makers Mark though.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    I was wondering if anyone has tried the Bourbon infused cigars. I love Bourbon but smoked an Acid Infused and didn't care for it.Too sweet for my taste  Curious about the Makers Mark though.
    Came close but never tried it. The only acid cigar I've tried was the Blondie. Not particularly a fan.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried a couple barrel aged cigars. Typically with infused the trouble is not the additional flavors, as much as the fact that they just use bad tobacco. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like barrel aged (5 Vegas ones are great), but hate whiskey/bourbon/cognac infused cigars. Not sure what it is, but I think @Wylaff may be correct on the tobacco.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like em from time to time. Sometimes I like to commit the great sin of dipping the head in my scotch. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only had one. A friend gave me one flavored with Makers Mark for my birthday.  Came in a glass tube with the red wax just like on the bourbon bottle. I enjoyed it and might have another now and then.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried one. Not bad. Nice glass tubo. (To me that's the most interesting aspect.) Supposedly you could keep a pair of these in a desk drawer or anywhere it doesn't get too hot and you'd be prepared to herf without any preparing. 
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a maker's Mark, and I've been meaning to bomb you.  Guess I need to get off my arse...   :D
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested in The Late Hour Winston Churchill Davidoff. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yakster said:
    I'm interested in The Late Hour Winston Churchill Davidoff. 
    I got a Late Hour to try but haven’t smoked it yet.

Fuente Añejo is good, La Aurora barrel age is not bad if you get them at a good price 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had a few and they are only so so and I agree that the tobacco simply isn’t the highest quality which really does make a difference. Aging or resting a cigar in a barrel that’s been previously used is different than infusing and generally has much better results. Personally I like my bourbon in a glass and my cigar unflavored. The only one I’m curious about is what @Yakster said already which is the new Late Hour. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one of the Maker's Mark ones. I remember enjoying it at the time, but it was late in the night at my wedding so............things were a bit fuzzy
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why yes, yes I have. Someone was kind enough to send me a couple Makers Mark. Smoked one right away. The one I let rest a bit was a lot more interesting. Got the bourbon flavor for sure and it wasn't a bad smoke. May try them again in the future. The only infused cigars I keep on hand are of a coffee flavor and they ain't bad either.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bourbon infused give the Cigar a sugary flavor.