Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Helping one of our own

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm pretty sure every member on this forum has felt the generosity of Jim (Bigshizza).  What some of you might not know is that he had a pretty major surgery a few months back and is still on the recovery.  I feel we as the community/family we are help those when they need it even if they don't ask for it.  It is what we do.

Having said the above there have been some anonymous members who have stepped up and are putting together some pretty amazing raffle prizes to help this go along.  Once they provide the info of what they have put together to me I will forward it on but for sure there are 3 prizes available with the opportunity for more.  How do you become eligible to win said prizes?  Well you will donate whatever you are able to and for every $10 you donate, you will get an entry into the raffle drawing.  The more you donate the more entries you receive.  We will run this until Dec 1 and we will hold a live drawing at the Chicago Herf on Dec 9th.  While the prizes are a great incentive that is not truly why we are doing this.  Medical bills and rehab can be a real pain in the butt and anytime we can help ease that burden I feel inclined to do so.

Any donation you want to make will come to my paypal address brad@lamersrealty.com and please send it as friends and family to avoid any fees so we can send every penny to Jim.  If you do not use paypal, PM me and we can arrange other methods of donations.

If you have interest in putting together an additional raffle item please pm me as we want those members to stay anonymous and then I will post up the info on it.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A member has offered up a handmade quilt that would be good for a man cave with a wine, coffee, cigar theme.  This will be an additional item raffled off!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Deleted
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I was home to donate some cigars or something. 
    Thanks Ricky! 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump to the to top for the shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    @avengethis

$200 sent to your Paypal account today, please verify. 

Step up and join the generosity people.Even a little bit goes a long way. 

Jim's generosity to others has gone well above what was needed or asked for. The man has a huge heart and now it is time for us to return the love.

Get well soon Big Guy.

On a side note:

Now I need a damn nubber if anyone has one to send  :)  @Stubble lol

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that pic and thought you said rubber.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see everyone and once again a terrific cause. Way to go gentleman ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mis-read "rubber" too. Guess Afghanistan isn't as exciting after all.
    Adding another item to the raffle selection as well.  A custom 1 of a kind quilt with a coffee, cigar theme to it.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

Recapping so far we have

2.5 gal of Ice Cream
    1 off Solid wood Salad bowl
    Custom cigar/coffee themed quilt
    Opus/Davidoff/Viaje and other aged stuff Sampler (Sampler 1 from here on out)
    Viaje/fuente/small batch sampler (Sampler 2 from here on out)

Lets keep those donations coming in folks!  I am going to be putting together a nice Tat sampler with SnS sticks that you can't get unless you are in the club or pay crazy prices on the secondary market.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the bowl and the quilt. Great donations!
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding another item to the raffle selection as well.  A custom 1 of a kind quilt with a coffee, cigar theme to it.

I know those fingers!
    I didn't know @peter4jc is a closet quilter though. Very nice work!  :)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey now...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Wylaff said:
    ^ heh, anonymous. 
    You caught my sarcasm
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
     How do you become eligible to win said prizes?  Well you will donate whatever you are able to and for every $10 you donate, you will get an entry into the raffle drawing.  The more you donate the more entries you receive.  
    Wait, I can get in on this for a mere $10 or $20 donation?! That's crazy! Everyone should be in on this raffle. Great prizes to be won and a great cause to support.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please also keep in mind folks that this raffle will be based on a random number generating system.  Each 10$ donation from an individual is assigned a number.  This program will be run in front of about 30 witnesses to insure randomness and honor, plus it's fun ass hell to see who wins!  This is for the Shhhhhiiiiizzzzzzz, but it's also a very fun game for everyone!  I understand this game comes at a price, but it starts at two terrible cups of Starbucks crap.  I know Starbucks is popular, but these prizes will last a lot longer and will give the winner something to talk about, the two cups of coffee will not last nor carry a conversation.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @avengethis check in the mail today.   B)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @avengethis Money Sent. Thanks again for doing this!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterNerd said:
    @avengethis Money Sent. Thanks again for doing this!
    Beautiful donation Allan. Stand up guy 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter