Home General Discussion

Moldy Cuban @100x

Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
My daughter brought home a punch corona cuban, and it had some suspicious white spots all over it.  so i put it under the scope.
I was bummed.  But the RyJ faired better.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens they are always suspect to mold. Refugees are delicate at times with humidity and temp. Wipe down ch'k, mold in the foot no chk. Myself I would toss it, but many clip the foot and smoke it. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya I'm just gonna toss it.  The romeo is clean, if a bit dry.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that’s quite a bit of mold. I have smoked them with mold on the wrapper but I always heard to toss them if it was on the foot. Even then I was worried about it. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they both aren't bad
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My policy (on mold-footed cigars) is to cut the foot off (with a good guillotine) about a half inch from the foot and check again for mold. I've done this with some moldy-footed Dominicans and kept them around for a long time with no recurrence of mold. . I'm pretty sure the mold only grows on the outside where it can get air. I don't think it would be likely to be growing inside the stick.  
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not goin to kill you either way
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I thought you were talking about Fidel...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never had any that had mold on the foot but I’ve smoked some pretty tasty moldy cigars and even got some great deals at shops because of mold.