Home General Discussion

What is this doing here?!

I was smoking an inexpensive everyday kind of cigar last night when about half way in, what I thought was a stem, started to emerge from the center of the burning end. Turns out it was a fine piece of wire about an inch and a half long. What?!?!
Tagged:

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winston Churchill was said to do that to help in negotiations, having an abnormally long ash threw others off their game. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • OutlawOutlaw Posts: 3
    I read that. :) But this was too far down to have helped with that. :)
  • OutlawOutlaw Posts: 3

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disgruntled employee 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was included intentionally and designed to be used as a nubber when you got to the end.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a GPS for stogies. If you lose it or drop it just get a magnet and your home free.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outlaw said:

Seriously though sometimes weird stuff does end up in Cigars. Especially the cheaper ones which have less quality control. It happens. 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They ran out of leaves and used the rubber tree in the lobby as filler.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever seen tobacco being transported to the curing barns?  Hung upside down, right?  It doesn't just hang there by itself, something's tied it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain