Home General Discussion

Remember This Day 54 years ago!!!!

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
For all of us old enough to remember, it was on this day 54 years ago that President John F Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas. Texas. It's a sad fact that I've seen nothing on the news or heard on the radio about this Day. But there's no shortage about who's groping who. I remember where I was when this news broke.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I was just a kid, but I'll never forget that afternoon.

As for who's groping who, well, as long as we're all focused on the show, no one knows what's going on backstage, do they?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked everyone at work today, "what happened 54 years ago today in America?"

Only person knew.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn’t quite 2 yet. But I’ve not seen anything about either. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garrison Keillor mentioned it on this morning's episode of The Writers Almanac, otherwise bubkiss. I weren't bern yet. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    I asked everyone at work today, "what happened 54 years ago today in America?"

Only person knew.
    I asked a shift full on Millennials, and I was actually quite happy that two people knew.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was 16 and in high school. The powers that be announced the shooting over the PA system and sent us home. No cell phones back then boys. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was surprised there was nothing in the news as it seems like it has been there for 54 years. Maybe releasing some documentation this year has absolved the 'news' from reporting on it anymore.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember it well, I was in high school getting ready to leave for a college fair.  We were still in the locker room when the news came over our PA.

I think the reason there is not much in the press because they are too busy talking about what the President's daughter wore to the annual turkey pardoning!