Home Pipes

Pipe smoke a cigar

pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
I'm posting this here since the cigar only world probably won't have the tools to enjoy this accepted method of enjoying every last inch of a favorite stogie. Yes this is accepted behavior in the best of circles.
When I'm ready to smoke a really favorite stogie I grab a pipe that the head of the stogie fits in. I have a meerschaum calabash with a tapered bowl that works great on a range of ring sizes.
When the cigar burns down to where it'll start melting my beard or stash I place it in the pipe and enjoy the rest of it in cool comfort.
Shame this thread is perused so little. But for those of us who enjoy our cake and eat it to; Semper FI.

Comments

• pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Another tip.
    Try placing some of your favorite pipe blend in the bottom of your bowl. The cigar smoke will filter through it pickin up some good aromas and taste.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    Another tip.
    Try placing some of your favorite pipe blend in the bottom of your bowl. The cigar smoke will filter through it pickin up some good aromas and taste.
    I will give this a try
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Enjoying every last bit of a Man 0 War Puro authentico
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried this with a punch rare corojo 10th anniversary last week. Ghosted my pipe something fierce. So I guess it's my dedicated nubbing pipe and I have to buy a new one to replace it in the pipe rack. Any suggestions for getting the wife to understand this is a necessity?
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried this with a punch rare corojo 10th anniversary last week. Ghosted my pipe something fierce. So I guess it's my dedicated nubbing pipe and I have to buy a new one to replace it in the pipe rack. Any suggestions for getting the wife to understand this is a necessity?

When it comes time for purchases that may be questionable in the Mrs'. mind, I do my best to make said purchase online. When the package arrives, you bought it a long time back during a great sale 60% off or something like that with free shipping, but it was out of stock and just came in.

Or for example, after making a purchase at a gun show, said item is brought into the house and slipped into the safe without her knowledge and becomes part of the collection, or if caught bringing it in the house, same as above.  NO receipts are ever shown or produced.  and always pay cash or use a credit/debit card that is for RAT money only.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame me and tell her I talked you into it, she will believe that and she can text Amanda and she will back it up :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can clean and sweeten your pipe which should take care of the ghosting. Cleaning the stem periodically is a good idea. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cleaned it good and I have enough other pipes I can get away with dedicating this one to nubbing. I was just making a little joke about convincing her I need another pipe. She tends to get tunnel vision when she gets a new horse so I just have to wait until spring and then I could burn the house down and she wouldn't notice for a day or two
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried the pipe-smoke-a-cigar thing, was very unsatisfactory to me having none of the best attributes of either activity.  But, if it works for you, fire it up! 

I do miss old @Pilgrimtex, though, wish he'd show up every once in awhile.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain