Home Pipes
Options

Holiday/Seasonal Blends

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm going to try to pick up a tin or three of some christmas blend pipe tobacco and need recommendations.  What have you tried and liked? What have you tried and not liked?  Beyond christmas blends are there other seasonal blends I should be aware of?
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the market for the same and am finding the Peterson and McClelland are pretty sought after. I've seen another floating around from Cornell and Diehl called corn cob pipe. It's got a snowman on the tin and sounds Christmas enough for me. There's another by the name of candy cane cocoa although I'm not certain of the maker. There is also eggnog from hearth and home

Tsuge made the four seasons line that is now out of production but you can still find it with a little looking. C&D makes an aro called autumn evening. 
  • Options
    I'm in the market for the same and am finding the Peterson and McClelland are pretty sought after. I've seen another floating around from byCornell and Diehl called corn cob pipe. It's got a snowman on the tin and sounds Christmas enough for me. There's another by the name of candy cane cocoa although I'm not certain of the maker. There is also eggnog from hearth and home

Tsuge made the four seasons line that is now out of production but you can still find it with a little looking. C&D makes an aro called autumn evening. 
    Thanks!
  • Options
    I found on another forum a review of L.J. Peretti Thanksgiving Day blend. Anyone try it?
  • Options
    It sounds familiar and I'm sure there's dozens I don't remember. I haven't tried any of these myself either so all my input is pure speculation
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McClelland Holiday Spirit my number one go to
    Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening must have fall blend 
    C&D Monster Mash 
    C&D We Three Kings
    C&D Corncob Pipe and a Button Nose
    C&D Golden Days of Yore
    Peterson’s can no longer be bought in the US but can be found overseas at a high price
    Kolhasse & Kopp can no longer be bought in the US hard to find
    Rattrays may not be made anymore or it can’t be bought in the US
    Sister site of Ccom called P&C:
    Cavendish in the Woods
    Snow Drift
    Candy Cane Cocoa 
    several others. All above mentioned I enjoy regularly and stock up on. 

The C&D Christmas offerings used to change to a new name yearly but due to the worthless FDA C&D remade the last three years so get it while you can. I have some We Won’t Go Til We Get Some too from 4 years ago. 

Many pipe shops have have their own holiday blends. 
  • Options
    Now that's a pretty comprehensive list
  • Options
    Damn @jsnake great list. Thank you.  
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you’re starting to have some fun in the pipe world Eric, welcome and good to see you around more. Hope you are well. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a name brand, but Russ' Log Cabin is one of my favorite winter blends.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Sounds like you’re starting to have some fun in the pipe world Eric, welcome and good to see you around more. Hope you are well. 
    Thanks Irish!  Yes, just starting...a newb all over again!
  • Options
    Side note: the C&D Christmas offerings are different blends each year. 
  • Options
    jsnake said:
    But under the same name?
  • Options
    jsnake said:
    But under the same name?
    Cornell & Diehl renames them every year with a Christmas theme and the blends are different each year. Peterson’s calls their Holiday Blend the same name each year with the year changed and it’s a different blend each year. I mention that because Cornell & Diehl has their yearly Halloween theme Mixtured Monster (I called it Monster Mash by mistake), Mixture Monster II, Curse of the Mixture Monster, Rise of the Mixture Monster which gets renamed every year but is the same exact blend. Companies do it both ways. It’s worth checking out each of the individually named C&D Christmas offerings whereas trying to get the original Mixture Monster isn’t worth the effort or money because the blend is the same and we are talking aromatics so aging isn’t really a factor.

McCelland Holiday Spirit comes out yearly but it is the same exact blend unlike some of their other yearly tobaccos that are new blends each year but under the same name. 

Might I add Sutliff Christmas Spice to the list. Bought some in bulk and it is fantastic. I do not care for their Pumpkin Spice at all but the Christmas Spice is wonderful.