Home General Discussion

What does the contents of your humidor say about you?

transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
If someone walked in and took a look at your cigar inventory, what would they conclude about your smoking profile? I'll start.

First (and I suspect this is shared by many here), they'd think I kinda like smoking cigars. Next, they'd probably note that I'm not very brand loyal since a lot of cigarmakers are represented. They might also note that there's no particular strength preference. They might figure that I walk a dog, play golf and/or now my own lawn since there are a decent number of "value" (read: cheap) smokes in there. Lastly, they would probably not use the word "aficiando" to describe what they see since there are very few cigars valued at over $12 to be found.

How about yours?
Kipling was a wise man.

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsessed.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say my humidor's better than yours.   :D

And then they'd say I'm too lazy to type out a real post.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other then the wonderful cigars I got from The Shizz my humidors ( 2 desktops & I just started a Coolidor) are pretty inexpensive also. I like to try a variety of smokes and the way I pick them out is read the reviews and look at the bands. The nicer looking the band, the more likely I am to buy. I've yet to be disappointed by my picks. Each one seems to have it's own quality, taste, & flavor. So you could call me a Happy Herfer.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That I have a problem, then I’d say it isn’t a problem so long as I don’t make it one with the wife. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OCD or some other type of insanity.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    That I'm an old crusty smoking hot mess, lol
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently they'd conclude that I'm a guy called Transplant from Evergreen Park IL.  ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They would say "Why do you have so many frickin cigars?!"
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep my stash spread out across various coolers, humidors, tupperwares.  Non-smoker married to a friend of the wife, you will see a humidor or two with yard gars.  Fellow smoker and friend, you may see the main cooler.  If you want to see the aging cooler we will need to be tight
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look at mine and say damn! Because they think that’s a lot. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two desk top humidors, one for me, one for her.  Six or seven tupperdors equals, dude cant you make up your mind???  Simple reply is:  I like them all
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey dude! Get the f%#k out of my coolers! 
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casual friend "do you really need all these?"

Close friend " take me to the secret stash"

Wife " where did these new ones come from..."

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it says I buy way more than I smoke....not a bad thing.
    I haven't showed the coolidor to anyone yet but do to collecting/hoarding running in the family most people would think I have a problem....I say what's worse having a cooler or two or 5 filled with wonderful cigars or the whole damn house filled with worthless $hit...No Joke!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a nice stick
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the one?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what they tell me, I tell them, "You can't smoke money."  I'd rather have my money in the form of cigars, so I can burn it.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sniff...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m acraid my humidor would define me as an eclectic packrat...  :#
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says I hide things, I've got boxes and plastic bins hidden behind my cigar trays just to fit it all in. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    It says I am F-ing awesome. Lol!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    It says I smoke all the good ones first! 

That's really it, too.  I've gotten so many package deals as gifts and such that I smoke what i like and leave the rest.

The problem is the wife always says, "you have so many, why do you need any more?"

I should just recycle the usual suspects (cigars with initials 'G' or 'RP').

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep my stash spread out across various coolers, humidors, tupperwares.  Non-smoker married to a friend of the wife, you will see a humidor or two with yard gars.  Fellow smoker and friend, you may see the main cooler.  If you want to see the aging cooler we will need to be tight
    @rsherman24 does that mean I get to see the aging cooler bro?? c'mon...be honest!!
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @smoke_em_if_you_got_em
    Hes been holding out on you man!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rsherman24 does that mean I get to see the aging cooler bro?? c'mon...be honest!!
    If you brought your ass around a little more often.  I may have to send you a sampler to re-kindle our friendship.

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine says I wish I could be like @miller65rod
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    Mine says I wish I could be like @miller65rod

Al u have the cave, now buy a an Aristocrat and all is good. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    Mine's so empty it echosl!
    Fixed it for you.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."