Home Ratings & Reviews

Tried a Makers Mark cigar?

I've been a big fan of their bourbon for years, just learned they make cigars. I'm having a hard time finding reviews via google. Any of you guys tried them?

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have had one, been a while back. Thought it was very good even though I am not into flaored cigars. Not sure who made them for MM, obviously they don't make them theirselves.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    there are actually 2 different kinds of Makers Mark cigars. One is the regular that comes in the red tube and they make another one call the MM 10th Anniversary (which has a Connecticut wrapper and is sealed with silver wax). I have had many of both and I have to say the 10th Anniv. is my favorite. In fact, this was actually the cigar that really got me going into cigars. I smoked so many I pretty much got burned out on them, but that was a while ago and would smoke one again today. They have a great taste to them. My local cigar bar carries them around $12 each I believe.

"Long ashes my friends."

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I smoked a few of these a while ago. Thought they were good, but this was before I was into great cigars.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had the special edition, but I have had a few of the normal ones. I thought it was okay, but I much prefer the gurkha grand reserve. They are about the same price, though I do enjoy cognac more than most whiskey. I also enjoyed the tobacco more in the reserve.
  • Thanks guys.  I don't have any experience with flavored cigars, but I think I'll order a few of the 10th anniversary's.  Are these things cool to store in my humi?  Again, I don't really know anything about flavored  cigars.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't. Take a good smell test of the tubes and if there isn't any smell then perhaps. I know the gurkha reserves (all of them) have a strong cognac smell to them.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I really like the Makers Mark Cigars. I prefer the 10th Anniversary but both are good. Burn and draw is always great and I've smoked 50+ Give them a shot
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Re-posted from another thread in TPB)

I finally got around to trying the Makers Mark original blend. It's mellow. I think it would make a great first time noobie cigar to introduce someone to cigars. It's smooth but not so mild that it's flavorless. These days I've developed a habit of lighting my cigars smoking them for a while and allowing my palate tell me whether I want a drink of water or bourbon or coke. But this cigar provided no urge to reach for a water or any other beverage. The bourbon flavor is noticeable but not so strong that it's annoying. I think this is my first infused cigar ever. Upon removing the stick from it's glass tubo, it is easy to smell the bourbon on the foot but dang it I forgot to get a good pre-light draw off of it to see if I could taste it at that point too. But, later while lit, it actually provides just a little bourbon sweetness in the finish. It burned well and only required a couple of re-lights due to my own inattention. Anyway, I just wanted to let y'all know what some of my impressions were while it was fresh on my mind.

I have a Maker's Mark 10th anniversary waiting for me as well. I'll see if I can smoke it soon and post about it as well.