Home General Discussion

How many?

Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reading some of the ongoing threads got me to thinking/wondering. 

Looking at the Whatcha smoking this morning, afternoon, evening, it is often the same members posting.

So I am wondering for no reason other than curiosity, How many Cigars do you smoke per day.

My answer is simple, 2-4 per week, rarely daily, unless the wife is out of town (wink)

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All depends on mood, weather, chit to do.  Unless I am at the Chicago herf, then I take down 7 in 2 days.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually 2 to 3 a week. Unless on vacation then as much as she lets me
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spends on a lot of factors but most weeks I have 1-2 a week. I just don’t have the time for more. However when it’s a day to simply smoke and relax I can have 3-4 in a day. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally its 2-4 per week on the weekends :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to make time for one after work on weekdays but that doesn't always happen. Two to five on Saturday and Sunday usually.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-3 on the weekends 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pipe for the morning walk, cigar after lunch and supper.

Or, sometimes, more.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3-5 Per Day.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Follow-up thread-jack question. Does y'alls health insurance provider know how many cigars y'all smoke?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My health insurance considers cigars "non-smoking". Woo hoo for the non-smoker rebate.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-4/day, pipe in the evening.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Follow-up thread-jack question. Does y'alls health insurance provider know how many cigars y'all smoke?
    They ask about cigarettes. I’m already paying the higher rate.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends, sometimes 2-3 a day, sometimes 2-3 per week. I am on the 2-3 per week right now, but subject to change!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2/week it’s getting too damn cold out.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Twice a week, possibly a third if there’s time. During the week, in the evening and every Saturday morning.  Family responsibility’s has started to consume my wonderful habit.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two to three per vHerf. Probably four to eight per week. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-3 per week as an average 
    1 per day when on vacation 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    average at least one a day, slightly more in the warmer months.  As long as I don't inhale the cigars, to them, I am a nonsmoker.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 - 5 per week.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One a day after supper. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a third as many as I roll. If I'm lucky. That's the damn problem. 
    How bout you, Rodger? Does your smoking keep up with your stash?

I aim for one a day; but I'm usually working, & so lucky to spark four a week.
    Don't hardly touch store sticks any more.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-3 a week. Would smoke more if I had more free time. Mood has a lot to do with it because I won't smoke one when I'm in a stressed/upset/angry state. On vacation I can easily put down 3-5 per day. If I'm out doing photography I usually pack 3 for a day.  As far as weather goes, it doesn't really change my count because I can smoke in the house  :pB)
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2 per week average, sometimes more sometimes less.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Mood has a lot to do with it because I won't smoke one when I'm in a stressed/upset/angry state.  
    A cigar is a great way to de-stress. Relax and put your feet up.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to smoke 1 a night. Have cut back recently but we want to get back to it more (when it gets a little warmer or we get more kerosene). 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Mood has a lot to do with it because I won't smoke one when I'm in a stressed/upset/angry state.  
    A cigar is a great way to de-stress. Relax and put your feet up.

Don't worry; be smoky.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 tops.  Usually 2, depends on what's happening that day.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anywhere from 1-10 a week.  Time is my factor.  Lately it has been a lot more pipe smoking because I might only have 20 minutes or so.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White