Home General Discussion

Gauging Interest in a Summer Ohio Herf

Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok i have been advised and suggested too to see if anyone would like to have a summer herf here at my place 1 night and possibly 1 night at the lounge i used to work at here in Cincinnati. This would be on condition i can reserve the lounge for a saturday night and have people here on a friday night, if that fails we can do both nights here at my crib. People can bring tents, some can sleep in the house, hotels not that far, and if u want you can curl up beside a horse or some cattle (no judgement) except  Jim, no horses for you. Was thinking late july or early august wil will have the in ground pool installed by then so bring your speedo's, except some of u. Just putting it out there to see interest. More details to follow.

Comments

• C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    In
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be a maybe. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be a maybe. 
    Bullshit, u are bringing the curds and New Glarus.
    I would be a maybe. 
    at least you wouldnt have to cook this time.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What lounge did you work at? My dad frequents one in Florence, KY.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jungle Jim's
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. That place is awesome!
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to run it by my wife to see if she wants to come but I think she will hear pool and be game
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to meet Glock's wife... I'm in
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    I want to meet Glock's wife... I'm in
    Not sure how to take that one Jim...haha

count me in. Gotta meet my boy @C-LOVE
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be able to make it only an hour away 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975 said:
    jgibv said:
     I swear if y’all are just smoking RPs the whole time I’m not coming
    Nish is our special guest.
    lol as long as i don't have to smoke any of his cigars ....  def interested bro. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what's on tap.  D 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Glock1975 said:
    jgibv said:
    lol as long as i don't have to smoke any of his cigars ....  def interested bro. 

I'll bring you some Gibby. I'll try to track down my Tent event buddy, he can share some recipes.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-LOVE said:
    jgibv said:
    Glock1975 said:
    jgibv said:

I'll bring you some Gibby. I'll try to track down my Tent event buddy, he can share some recipes.
    we should introduce your Tent event buddy to Nish ..... i bet they'd be instant BFFs

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible. I'd be able to give a yes or no closer to the event.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myself and Colleen are in, as long as she can have a room or hotel room.  She's not down with tents or horses.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I got family near there. Assuming of course I’m home and have a job by then. 
    -- Winston Churchill

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to ride either the Guzzi Jackal or the Indian Scout across country for my 70th, see my sisters in Kali, Hawai'i, and Vegas; great-grands in Idaho and Utah; Ozarks, Rockies & Sierras -- a farewell tour, ya know. I'll be returning late July. Keep me in the loop if you'll have me. I'll be tenting, cause parts of the far west don't have trees suitable to sling a hammock. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    no invite for me...sad day.  Have fun!
    edited December 2017
    Your always invited Roman. I know i left a few off. Not purposely
    -- Winston Churchill

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baring a strange scheduling conflict, I should be able to attend.

A handful of us were already talking behind the scenes about doing a follow-up to last year's MKE herf...  If Jeremy's idea comes to fruition, we'll forget about MKE until perhaps next year.  And if something happens where the OH herf can't happen, we'll make MKE here in June.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Chalupa_BatmanChalupa_Batman Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    @avengethis... think the Winnebago would make it? Lol..I like horses but eh to tents!! Wait until you see brads speedo! ;)
    See Brad in it, I was hoping to help him put it on.  Err I mean nobody wants to see that. Did that sound gay?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF IS GOING ON HERE!  I thought at @Glock1975 house its commando only.  At least that's the way the vherf goes when he is in the hot tub.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Plus if everyone is in the same place there will be no need to drop the iPad while vherfing.
    MOW badge received.