Home General Discussion

Local B&M Opus X Dinner

SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
Once a month my local B&M puts on a Dinner with a featured cigar and wine. This month Is the Opus X and one of the local wineries. They have specials on the featured items. The price is $20 for dinner, a featured cigar, and discounts. They say they will have X's and Anejos on hand. I know that there are well sought after and can secure some if anyone wants. I dunno the prices on the sticks yet but can post when I get there if anyone is interested. For those who who are interested in making the trip to Paso Robles, CA. The dinner is Dec. 15th. PM me if interested.

@Sketch6995 gotta tag you considering you are the mad opus bomber.

Comments

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what opus it is?  can you call and ask?
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like a fun night. 
  • SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Im gonna head over there Inow a bit so I'll ask. Any other questions feel free to ask! I'll be down there for a while :smiley:
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if it's the new ones? They look interesting. 
    Eye of the shark here anyone want them?
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update on the dinner, and how was the Opus X?
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    The dinner was great. They gave away a hemming way Sungrown or maduro as the cigar... it was an Arturo Fuente dinner. They just had the Opus X label on the invite. They had boxes and boxes of great sticks. I split a box of eye of the Sharks with @Sketch6995 and bought a couple Anejos shark 77s and a few other Anejos. I ended up winning an arturo Fuente ashtray and a hand painted Opus X plaque, and some A. Fuente 858s in a raffle they had. A great event. I also found out that the owner of the shop is close to the Fuente family somehow. He knew the Don before he passed. Crazy stuff coming from this little podunk town of Paso Robles. Great night overall. I'll get pictures of the swag up a little later.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice score!
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    That plaque is really nice @Smoothsticks
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very NICE
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice ashtray   :)
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fuente Fuente Opus X wall plaque sure is something! Those I believe aren't easy to find or get and considered rare. I searched around the web and only came across 2 in pictures. I am curious how many were actually made in total. Appears to have hand carving done and also hand painted as you stated, hand carved/painted wood working stuff isn't cheap thats a real treasure you won for sure.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    Yeah I saw it earlier in the night and then they said it was gonna be in the drawing. That was the one thing I wanted and luck was my lady last night. The ashtray is pretty sweet too. The reps name was Gio and he was super cool and very informative about the brand as well as the Fuente Family. Pretty cool night glad I went.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    47.00 each?  Wow..... I'm sitting on a gold mine lol
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    Yeah pretty bummed about California's legislation against tobacco... this B&M corners the market in my area too so things are marked up quite a bit. Kinda sucks but it's nice to support a local business from time to time... the lounge is pretty bittchn though
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's Opus...I read 3/4 of the way through this thread before realizing I was liking and LOLing posts from 2016. 

Beautiful sight, but dang that's expensive! 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will someone please tell me what B&M stands for.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    @Sleddog46 Brick and Mortar

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Will someone please tell me what B&M stands for.

Took me a while when I first came here, too.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain