Home Ratings & Reviews

Xikar Turrim Lighter

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ratings & Reviews
Posting a review after I received the Xikar 5x64 Turrim Double Lighter last night from ccom 

I was impressed on opening the box. This is my first Xikar purchase, and the presentation is very nice. I would be comfortable with the packaging enough to present it unwrapped as a gift.

The lighter itself came with plenty of padding, including a nice cutout in the closed cell foam for the lighter.

I picked the gray anodized version. I also picked this oversize model with the express intent of having something as a table-stye lighter. I care for the Alec Bradley The Burner table lighter quite a bit, but wanted something a bit different and geared more towards travel. 

The Turrim is approximately the size of a double toro, and will fit in your humi, but is a bit too large to fit in a 3 finger case.

Some of the features of the lighter which I enjoy are the enormous reservoir, the fluid window, the flip top/piezo igniter, and the easy to adjust oversized fuel adjustment k.n.o.b., and the lifetime warranty any Xikar product carries. 

The double flame is powerful, and I have it dialed back to the lowest setting. Toasting and lighting are going to be very easy.

As far as cost goes, it is half the cost of a Ferrari lighter, and I expect a long service life from it.

I will weigh in in 6 months and in 12 months with additional thoughts.

-Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us know how it holds up!  If you like it, I may have to grab one sometime.  These look really cool, and I'd love to have a high capacity torch like that.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, aye, good sir. I anticipate the 6 month and the 12 month will be 'It is still kicking arse' but I will check back in here for sure

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you'll have to refill by then, lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the review. I'm planning on ordering one on the 26th, when we get 26% off.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a little warning. I went through 3 of these lighters before 1 worked properly. Had gas pocket issues and I bleed my lighters well. The refill valve seems to be very deep in the unit and difficult to reach and I use Xikar butane with their nozzle. But as with Xikar's warranty they sent me a brand new one each time no questions asked. They never returned one that was repaired. The one I have now works very well.
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had mine for a few month now. It holds a lot of fuel and works great!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

Very happy with the Xikar Turrim lighter

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that warranty. Just swapped out one of my lighters for a new one. Some advice - don't light sparklers and other boom things on 4th of July with your nice Xikar lighter. I think the sparkler juice got inside the lighter and jacked the coil. No questions asked. Just an even swap after they saw I jacked it up. Dude tried to show me how to properly light a cigar after seeing what I did to mine. Guess he figured I was shoving the cigar into the lighter. I should have taken a pic. I fried the inside coil. 

Wife has an old reliable Xikar that she loves and it now has a fuel leak. They don't make them anymore so I reached out to them. Lighter is on the way to them and they will either fix it like new or replace it with a new model. 
    Had an issue with my Turrim lighter, it would spark but not light. Tried purging and refilling, blowing compressed air in the burner but no luck. Finally found a youtube clip that said to push the wire for the spark a little closer to the burner. Now it works fine. Guess it had too wide a gap.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news, John.  I just picked the Turrim single flame, and will sock away this info.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YournamehereYournamehere Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    If your buying a xikar lighter buy 2....one will always be at xikar getting fixed