Home General Discussion

What's everyone doing for Christmas????

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering what everyone has planned for Christmas. Since it's just me and the Mrs we will spend a quiet day together, sleep late and make a big country breakfast. Bacon,sausage, Homefries, eggs, pancakes, cornbread, etc, plus my wife is a vegetarian LOL. So guess who will be eating the meat. Then later in the day we will go to our neighbor across the street for dinner. Then come home and snuggle in front of the wood stove. Merry Christmas All.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sushi and Christmas in the Park this Eve is our tradition. Dinner @ MIL on the day. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunch with my family & dinner with the wife's family in Cali
    Sure do miss a white Christmas..

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drink whiskey, smoke cigars, eat meat (not reindeer), make a phone call and watch TV. All of this behind a barricaded and locked door.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my boss' words, "Everyone else is closed so we need to be open".

Help put an end to open retail on Christmas day if you're traveling. Pack snacks and thermoses of hot chocolate, buy gas at the pump.

Did manage to get Christmas eve off for Midnight Mass, so I'm thankful for that.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pray to the Almighty that my wife's spastic anxiety about every holiday is over.
    Yes, but if it’s not holiday stress, it’s stress over packing for vacation! I refuse to pack 3 months ahead of time! It’s always something!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are making a very short holiday trip tomorrow and will be home before the weekend is over.  Basically delivering presents to nieces, daughter and almost SIL, then home.

The Holiday, will be just the two of us, good thing wife is good company and will even join me for a cigar now and then.  She is getting some of those Java Reds Christmas morning and I bet there is a box of Lot 23s for me along with the other goodies.  She will cook us a feast and the rest of the time is relax, play with new presents and ....................

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving barges
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Ricky!
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working Christmas Eve, but I will be off Christmas Day. 
    Just me and my lovely wife so it is going to be very mellow, then we will have friends and family in town for two weeks. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Packing up the clan for midnight mass, then headed to the family farm in Hatch, NM. Gonna wake up to some great family out in the country where the rest of the related A- holes won't venture to  :D
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Going to a rather crazy number of church services, then cooking dinner for the family.  Try not to eat myself into a coma.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good Marty. We wish you and Barbara a Wonderful Christmas. Don't eat to much...LOL
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to a Chinese restaurant has become our tradition.
    That what all of my friends that are Jewish say.  Chinese Restaurant and a movie.
    Would work for me also, but the wife has a thing for the feast of 7 fishes Christmas eve and a standing rib roast for Christmas dinner
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5