Home Non Cigar Related

Accident

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in Non Cigar Related
I know everyone waits with baited breath for my posts.
Had an accident. My very expensive padded big and tall heavy duty can take anything 100% guaranteed office chair tried to eat me.
Bed and pills is all I can handle.
Don't worry fans, "I WILL BE BACK". 

PS cigar undamaged

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that J D. Hope your better soon!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get well, J.D., let me know if you want to borrow a TENS unit, they seem to help the back.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How're you hangin' in there @jd50ae ?   Nothing worse than back pain.  Hope you're doing well. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schidt. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a new lifetime hobby.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get well soon, the good thing is that your cigar wasn't damaged!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    The bottle said do not drink alcohol after ingesting pill.
    Well, it did not say a thing about drinking before taking the pill.

Great timing. Dr Who marathon on BBCA leading up to Season Premiere via a Christmas special.

It is so hard to type and use the mouse........more bed and more Dr Who.....

I,m gonna stayed sign in, took way to  long.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited December 2017
    Yakster said:
    Get well, J.D., let me know if you want to borrow a TENS unit, they seem to help the back.

Thanks for the offer, and the info.
    Had no idea what a TENS unit was. Been researching and I think I will have to purchase one in the near future. I do remember Jerry Lewis using some kind of similar gizmo years ago, was a bit pricey. They have come way down.

The chair that did me in came apart at the 2 round welds about an inch apart. They were spot welded which seems a bit odd. Guess the fast ping ping ping should have been a warning.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, a fall like that would do me in. Hope you are feeling better.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer brother. Hope you’re feeling no pain by now. 
    Let me know, I actually picked up a second TENS unit based on couldn't pass it up holiday pricing so you wouldn't be putting me out. I've been using my unit daily lately because of a muscle spasm and it can really help.  

edited January 2018
    Finally.....
    My stepson took the wreckage back to OfficeMax. They upgraded (considerably) because they no longer carry that chair. And then my stepson put it together for me.

Got up at 430AM just to sit in it, first day in awhile I had no back pain.

And then the sun came up reflecting off the chrome like the spirits were talking to me........and there was this soft music in the background....
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    jd50ae said:

And then the sun came up reflecting off the chrome like the spirits were talking to me........and there was this soft music in the background.... and I had dozens of boxes of 5Vegas Gold cigars stacked on my desk...
    And then I woke up.....  Dammit!!

Good news, JD!