Home Cigar 101
Options

Humidor stacking and resting

nudienudie Posts: 112
Since i let my sticks lay naked (nudie), is there a way i should or shouldn't combine them in the humidor... i know if theyre packed together then they will xfer oils... but will flavors mix if i mix wrappers/flavors/bodies in the same cabinet on different shelves?

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    There are different theories on this but I am in the camp that it makes no difference at all unless, you have flavored sticks. They should always be kept completely seperate.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

The reason why I keep my sticks in the cello is to avoid chips and cracks in the wrapper.

Unless you are super duper carefull when stacking and looking through your stash you run the risk of damaging your sticks.

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    If your sticks are in the same cabinet, but on different shelves, there should be no problem at all about what sticks you have. I'd sort them a little, just for ease of finding what you want. Like putting full bodied sticks on top and milder sticks on bottom or sorting by leaf, Maduro vs. Corojo vs. Conneticut. Might make them easier to find, but certainly won't hurt the flavour of any of your sticks.

Most B&M's have them all lined up beside each other in the humidor before their even sold.