Home General Discussion

Bitter Taste!

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone ever smoked a stick where the cigar tastes great but the wrapper leaf gives a bitter taste? I bought a 20 pack of H. UPMANN's and everytime I put it to my lips I get a very bitter taste. Any ideas or suggestions.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had this, could be the oils on the wrapper leaf
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...@Sleddog46, sounds like you need to bed those cigars down for a long Nap, still to young to smoke IMO.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TruDog said:
    ...@Sleddog46, sounds like you need to bed those cigars down for a long Nap, still to young to smoke IMO.
    I will put them to bed. Thanks. I've had this taste before on other smokes but after a couple of minutes it has always gone away.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like they are young.  They just need a nap as stated above.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sleddog46 What type of Upmann? I just picked some up and was considering putting them down for the winter.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

NorCalR1 said:
    @Sleddog46 What type of Upmann? I just picked some up and was considering putting them down for the winter.
    The Legacy torpedo. Hope that helps. I think mine are going to sleep also.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sleddog46 picked up the same ones so the info is much appreciated. To the coolidor they will go 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sleddog46 thought you were talking about when you took a draw and not the flavor of the cigar. If it’s the flavor then they are still green and need rest or could be a higher humidity. If I smoke a cigar at 69/70 humidity then I get bitter tastes from it, I prefer 65 percent humidity to smoke. 
    NorCalR1 said:
    @Sleddog46 picked up the same ones so the info is much appreciated. To the coolidor they will go 
    I picked up a 20 pack of the

H. Upmann Legacy Nicaragua.

Are these what you bought? Says they are aged for 3 years. It has a nice flavor, but the wrapper leaves a bitter almost chemical taste in your mouth.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let them nap a few months and try again.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.