Home Cigar 101

Tiger Humidor Setup

Hello! I hope all had a wonderful Christmas!! I received a Tiger Humidor and was wondering what I need to do to set it up properly. Please advise this Humidor novice. Thank you

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. You will need to season it. There are some good videos on YouTube to help you. Boveda offers a seasoning kit you may want to check out. 

Get a good digital hydrometer. 
  • Thank you Dman!

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up the "dollar bill" test. In winter heating your house drives the ambient humidy down and the wood in your humidor lid may shrink. The dollar bill test will let you know if you need to add a little masking tape to get a nice snug fit.  
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up the "dollar bill" test. In winter heating your house drives the ambient humidy down and the wood in your humidor lid may shrink. The dollar bill test will let you know if you need to add a little masking tape to get a nice snug fit.  
    Another test is to put a small flashlight in the box. close the lid and turn off the lights.
    Turn the humidor over and sideways.  If you can see light, there is a space where air can exchange.  Lots of ways to make it air tight, from tape to rubber seals.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5