Home Non Cigar Related

I'm home!!!

ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
I finaly made it back home after the longest 6 months of my life. I got home at around 1:30am eastern time on friday. I am convinced that the only way I was able to make it through that deployment is because of the sanity I gained from the insanity of this forum. I was on here every day, for most of the day for almost 6 months. Thanks for the help guys! I owe you one... If you are ever in NC in the future let me know, I'll treat you to a smoke.

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Welcome home Evan. Thanks for your service. Now go light up that Anejo I sent you and kick back.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    Welcome home Evan. Thanks for your service. Now go light up that Anejo I sent you and kick back.
    I actualy don't have any of my stash right now... It's all in the mail on it's way home... I'll go buy one today and smoke it though!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome home! Very glad to hear you arrived back and are doing well. For you guys who don't know this man yet he is one generous BOTL and a great American Soldier who served with honor. He is overseas protecting our freedom and took the time to hook me up twice last year. I know I wasn't the only one either. I hope you are back for good so we can retaliate a little. Better reinforce your mailbox.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    For as much as you were on here, I forgot you were overseas protecting my ass. Let me say a big thank you to you and the other men/women you worked with.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    How does the beer taste?
  • nudienudie Posts: 112
    robbyras:
    How does the beer taste?
    thats always one of the first things i do when i get home from sea... beer in the shower!! now if i could find a way to smoke in the shower....?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Are you stationed at Bragg? Deployments really do wear on ya that's for sure. I know that while I was on deployment about 1/2 way through I couldn't wait to get home, then when I was home I missed being deployed... Irony at it's worst.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    welcome home bro...
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    welcome home evan! welcome home.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome home Evan.
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Evan, welcome home man!! I can't imagine how elated you must be after your tour. Thank you for your service. Men and women like you serve so we can sleep in peace at night!

Go have an IPA, a Stone Ruination, a good cigar...you've more than earned it! Oh, and you have a pm.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Welcome back! Thanks for your service!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back.....the B&M there at the Fayetteville mall isn't bad, but if you get a chance shoot up I-95 to Smithfield and check out JR's, that place is a cigar Mecca. There is also a great shop in Wilmington if you ever get out that way, on Oleander Blvd.
  • Welcome home. I am glad to see you made it home safe. Thanks for your service. If you ever come to Atlanta, I'll treat you to a smoke.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Evan! Glad to hear your home safe brotha. I hope that hygro kept you in good stead? I want you to know I've been saving that special stick you sent me this whole time as my celebration stick for finding a new job, and I finally get to light it up! Happy to have you home safe.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome home!!!!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Awesome. I sent you a PM asking you when you were getting home. lol, looks like I found my answer. I need your address - got a welcome home present for you. PM it to me.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome home. Thanks for your service and in your honor, Syracuse won today!

Are you at Bragg or did you get to get home to Central NY? If your back in NY, I teach in Syracuse on Mondays and Wednesdays, maybe we can meet in one of the cigar lounges there.
  • Evan. I just wanted to say thank you. You fought for my sorry ass and y'all don't get ANYWHERE near the appreciation y'all deserve. I am so grateful and am honored to call you my brother of the leaf. It would be an honor to share a smoke with you someday my good sir!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Welcome home Evan ...... man its gonna be dangerous for you with all the artillery fire thats gonna be heading your way ...... you'll wish you were back being deployed ........ consider yourself warned ..... p.s you may as well just post your address up ..... you cant hide from us
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    kingjk729:
    Welcome home Evan ...... man its gonna be dangerous for you with all the artillery fire thats gonna be heading your way ...... you'll wish you were back being deployed ........ consider yourself warned ..... p.s you may as well just post your address up ..... you cant hide from us
    Someone should return fire him a cabinet humidor - he's going to need a LOT of room!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    kingjk729:
    Someone should return fire him a cabinet humidor - he's going to need a LOT of room!

You got that right
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your service and welcome home.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Welcome home Evan.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome home bro
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    kingjk729:
    Evan welcome back to what some people call sanity. Tat & I talked about making the trip down to see you....guess when we get there you are buying the sticks, I'm buying the booze, & Phil's gotta build 3 cabinets now! Glad you are home safe & be sure to take plenty of your leave time. I'm going to wait before I start sending arty your way...gotta make sure your coolidor is up and running 1st.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Welcome home! Glad you came back in one piece.
    Thanks a lot guys! I'm so happy to be back, enjoying some smokes and some great brews with my buddies.

I just got the coolidor up and I am already going to need a bigger one this weekend... Please come one down to NC and help me smoke some of these!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    During March my wife and I are going to Myrtle Beach to visit the world's three greatest granddaughters. On the way back, we plan to stop at Bragg to visit my son's fiance. As it get closer, I'll send you a PM and maybe we can meet up and have a smoke. The drinks are on me.
    YankeeMan:
    During March my wife and I are going to Myrtle Beach to visit the world's three greatest granddaughters. On the way back, we plan to stop at Bragg to visit my son's fiance. As it get closer, I'll send you a PM and maybe we can meet up and have a smoke. The drinks are on me.
    That sounds awesome. I plan on heading up to NY in about March as well. I will be heading a bit north of where you are but I will be stopping in Ithaca for a day to visit a friend. I'll let you know when and hopefully we can get together.