Home Non Cigar Related

What to do, on a snow day,

TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
Options, options, options. I called in at 8:15 this morning  to see if the office would be opening. Was told yes, jumped in the shower, got ready only to get a call that offices were closing don't come in. So what do you do? I cleared the walk, warmed up the cars and removed snow and ice from them, walked around the yard and found a giant footprint, oh wait that was just me. Guess I'll hangout and smoke a few sticks. Thanks @cbuck for this one.
I was born a fool, and just got bigger!

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, you wasted a shower!  You could've made 'til at least Saturday.

Nice house, Paul.  How often do you use the fireplace?  Some guys will get a fire going and then smoke in front of it... might be better than sitting outside when it's super cold.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Man, you wasted a shower!  You could've made 'til at least Saturday.

Nice house, Paul.  How often do you use the fireplace?  Some guys will get a fire going and then smoke in front of it... might be better than sitting outside when it's super cold.
    @peter4jc we haven't used the fireplace yet, i still have a couple of things to do in there first.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They closed work for that dusting? Guess I need to move to TN. LOL
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    LOL I was thinking the same thing.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that's not doing that here, I'd get called in today.
    Storms, snow, ice, fires and natural disasters are when I work the most. 
     :s 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice place ya got there Paul! You could do what I did...shovel 6 tons of frozen coal then come home and shovel the sidewalks. After the first 3 tons everything goes numb so no worries. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned today that UNC-Chapel Hill does that same thing.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:

Although I've felt that way many times, I've got 14 inches of snow, measured, here.  That's crippling for this part of the country, the State doesn't have the resources to handle it.  I've got a snow-blade for my tractor, so does my neighbor, so our roads fine.  Still 8 miles to town, though.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:

Although I've felt that way many times, I've got 14 inches of snow, measured, here.  That's crippling for this part of the country, the State doesn't have the resources to handle it.  I've got a snow-blade for my tractor, so does my neighbor, so our roads fine.  Still 8 miles to town, though.
    @Amos_Umwhat, you guys got hit hard, stay safe. By the way, I never said I could not have gotten to work, I was told to stay home. I pride myself in being able to drive in this stuff.  Having said that, it is true that one snow flake in the south, can cripple a city. I think it's all the transplants that have fled the cold icy north, lol. 
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard on the news this am that New Orleans is basically shut down. The state doesn't have the resources to clear the streets and with the power lines and trees coming down it's a real mess. Hope everyone is safe.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!