Home Non Cigar Related

Gov Shutdown

LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
So I wonder if there will still be mail...the uspstracking seems to be having difficulties
LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker

Comments

• LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Nvr Mind, Looks like we are good
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical scare tactics...grown men, crusty old men in many cases, throwing temper tantrums like 3 year olds when they don't get their way.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see, what did R. Reagan tell the ATC Union when they threatened not to work?  

Oh yeah, 

You work, or you're fired!

I'm sure the Republicans wouldn't mind, right?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A picture of schumer the puppet master and his puppet pelosi doing their best to keep from laughing. They don't care about anything but criminal alien votes.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see, what did R. Reagan tell the ATC Union when they threatened not to work?  

Oh yeah, 

This works a bit different.  You may not work, do not know when you can return.  If you are considered key and essential it means you will work and not know if or when you will get paid. BIG difference than a strike.
    Why? for illegals and their children demanding benefits. They say things like "but we have been here for 10, 20, 30 years.  Everyones reply should be to say " and you have done nothing to become legal?  bye"
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:

Oh yeah, 

This works a bit different.  You may not work, do not know when you can return.  If you are considered key and essential it means you will work and not know if or when you will get paid. BIG difference than a strike.
    Why? for illegals and their children demanding benefits. They say things like "but we have been here for 10, 20, 30 years.  Everyones reply should be to say " and you have done nothing to become legal?  bye"

I apologize for the post, in general.  It was pre-coffee, hostile, ambiguous, vague.  

I meant fire Congress, for refusing to do their jobs, no one else.  

It occurred to me later that it could be taken any number of ways, and apparently it has.  Sincerely, I really didn't mean it that way.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    So I wonder if there will still be mail...the uspstracking seems to be having difficulties
    I believe it is setup so the mail and the military never shutdown, even with the “government shutdown”.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lawmakers-return-to-capitol-for-spending-talks-1516457858?mod=e2fb

Republicans chastised Democrats for derailing the spending bill in the Senate over an immigration debate that faces a later deadline.

Still, Republicans worried that their party would shoulder an unfair portion of the blame, given that they control both chambers of Congress and the White House.

“We can say the Democrats voted against” funding the government, said Rep. Peter King (R., N.Y.). “On the other hand, we control everything.”

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rs mat be majority at the moment, but it still takes 60 or more votes.

I say if you want to call it a shutdown everything must cease.  No parks, memorials, museums, ATC, FAA, TSA, Secret Service, food stamps, and of course turn off all EBT cards. Everything that federal money touches, lets see if they can pass a budget then
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a 30 day CR so we can play this game again next month, F this sh and do your freaking job.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pork.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)