Home General Discussion

Smaller Vitolas

benskibenski Posts: 24 ✭✭
I am personally a fan of the vitola that is smaller in size - typically the maximum I enjoy is a Robusto - 5x50. I find the Trinidad Reyes 4 3/8" at a 40 ring gauge and the Pete Johnson Tatuaje Cabaiguan Guapos Petite Corona Maduro particularly suits this format - at 4.6"x42. The Cohiba Siglo I has a similar dimension. Of the cigars available at Cigar.com I'd welcome your input as to what blends in a handmade format... suit the more petite end of the scale. 

Cheers

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The Sobremesa is real good in the short Churchill and I hear the short Torpedo is also good.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of people do. You get more of the wrapper vs filler. Some cigars I only like in a smaller size some I prefer in a bigger size. It depends on the blend, especially if it comes from 3 or more countries. Then I’m a big advocate of a larger ring gage. But anything over 60, I just didn’t like how it feels in my mouth. ;)
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man O' War Puro Authentico corona
    A little dirt never hurt
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Oliva G Special 'G"
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhamlin

I sure am glad you went ahead and mentioned the "more wrapper to filler ratio thing" Ricky. It's required, whenever the talk turns to smaller rings.  I think it's a rule or law or somethin'. 
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Lots of people do. I only like in a smaller size some I prefer in a bigger size. if it comes from 3 or more countries. Then I’m a big advocate of a larger ring gage. But anything over 60, I just didn’t like how it feels in my mouth. ;)
    That’s what she said!!!!
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • benskibenski Posts: 24 ✭✭

I recall fondly the green-label House blend from cigar.com back in 2009/2010 which came in a small size which was very pleasant. The CAO Brasilia is the closest thing that you can get these days.

The Sobremesa I had not previously encountered. 
  • benskibenski Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Any chance of some more recommendations of smaller, very tasty cigars?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the 7-20-4 Dog Walker.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asylum Premium mini corona (4.0x44).