Home Cigar 101

dryed out cigars

I have a few questions, my buddies dad gave me two boxes of cigars,(jade) and these cigars are the ones that are really dry, and crispy.. not like the ones ive been buying that are rich with oils and moist. my question is do I need to leave them in my humador? for storage.

Comments

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    You will have to put them in there for a loooooooong time. The problem isn't that the moisture is out, you can always put that back in. The problem is that you can't replace to oils. Try and bring them back, but you may still have to pitch them depending on how they'll taste.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I agree, plan on a few months and test one occassionaly for smokability and flavor
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    What they said. Is that the Duluth lift bridge in your avatar?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I'd toss them, they will NEVER taste as good as when they were fresh and had oils. Now that they're dried you're gonna have to keep them in your humi for a long time, I'm talking years here. Do you really want to give up the space in your humi that long for some dried out smokes? If you do, then go for it...but IMO, I wouldn't.

"Long ashes my friends."

• sweetjdsweetjd Posts: 39
    why yes it is the Duluth lift bridge.. I was up there last summer.. doing some backpacking..
    gezz I would hate to throw them all, there must be 75 cigars, maybe will buy a smaller humidor just for them.. I would like to try... but they are not really expencive cigars. but I will try...
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I wouldn't get another humidor for that, just use a Tupperware container. Much cheaper and will do exactly what you need it for.
    hey that's a good idea.. I will try that..
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    good luck, remember to re-humidify them SLOWLY, or they're gonna crack. I would probably put them in 55% RH to start with and then move up, if you throw them into a 70% RH environment from being dry as they are, they might crack

"Long ashes my friends."