Home Pipes

Frog Morton -Recommendation Needed

LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
I have never tried any of the Frog Morton blends. Can anyone recommend which would be best to try out.
LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed all of them, On the Town is probably my favorite.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you like, on the town is oriental forward, cellar is whiskey topped, bayou is periqued, and regular is just a classic latakia
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Depends on what you like, on the town is oriental forward, cellar is whiskey topped, bayou is periqued, and regular is just a classic latakia
     @Captain_Call Currently on bombing runs on the cigar side. After I get these out, I think I'll give cellar a try and I may also try Haunted Bookshop. Although I took a hiatus from pipe and gotta remember how to smoke again.
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all 4 in my stock but I've been smoking through other samples from bombs and trades and haven't had the time to sit down with them like I should, but from the tin notes, I suspect town and regular will play best to my tastes.
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    @Captain_Call I'm thinking I'll end up trying cellar or bayou. I think the tanginess of the whiskey or the spice of the perique follow my liking a little more. I think a straight forward Lat may prove a bit much for me and Town falls more into the maybe category. I have a can of Bosphorus Cruise which is a lat/ori mix with Red Virginia and that may be close to Town, so that's why I am going with maybe. SO in conclusion, I'll either go with Bayou or Cellar.

Thank You for you recommendations

@Amos_Umwhat - Thanks for your recommendation as well.
    LoneSmoker