Home General Discussion

Box (Square) Pressed or Round --- Your Favorite? Most Potent Cigar Sold here.

jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
Its two questions for the price of one."Why that should be illegal"! MR. Curious is wondering what y'all enjoy more, Box press or Round and why? Also,, Of all the purchases or gifts you've received from HERE, which cigar Brand was the strongest/most potent in your opinion. I have to say I like square because they fit my head,I mean mouth better. However,they might not have a effortless draw. Just asking. Most of the cigars I bought here I have not tried yet. I'm still reading Peters news letter.

Comments

• LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Round - just like it better
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the way a box press sits in my teeth. As for the strongest, I had an LFD double ligero early in my smoking life that actually made me physically ill. Nothing has come close to that since even though I know more recent smokes have dwarfed that digger in the power department
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question.
    As long as it isn't one of those nasty wafer cigars, I'm not that particular.
    A good box press that has a good draw is really nice, but no matter what, my brain still says a round cigar is proper.
    So I guess my answer would be, a little of both.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round, nothing about a box pressed cigar feels right to me. The Camacho, Christian Eiroa era, Diploma is the only cigar that made me sit back down after I stood up.
  • jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    I like the way a box press sits in my teeth. As for the strongest, I had an LFD double ligero early in my smoking life that actually made me physically ill. Nothing has come close to that since even though I know more recent smokes have dwarfed that digger in the power department
    I hear ya! I guess I shouldn't have singled out this place for the source but we are guests here. I had a box of La Rosea Especial years ago and it was the first square pressed cigar I had ever seen for sale. It was advertised as the strongest and it was. It was good but it had a effect on ya. Today,there are so many powerful cigars advertised I had to wonder if these were just claims or are they seriously powerful. 
    0patience said:
    Good question.
    As long as it isn't one of those nasty wafer cigars, I'm not that particular.
    A good box press that has a good draw is really nice, but no matter what, my brain still says a round cigar is proper.
    So I guess my answer would be, a little of both.
    Yep, the round ones are better looking too. I got a bunch of Nica Libre toros today and I had to wonder how they were measuring the ring gauge cause they seemed smaller than advertised. Hefty little buggers though!
    bandyt09 said:
    Round, nothing about a box pressed cigar feels right to me. The Camacho, Christian Eiroa era, Diploma is the only cigar that made me sit back down after I stood up.
    I must get me one!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jw517 said:
    bandyt09 said:
    I must get me one!
    Are you speaking of the Diploma? If so, good luck in your search as Christian left a bit before Davidoff bought Camacho; probably over 10 years ago now.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the round due to the consistency of the draw but i still smoke a box pressed from time to time.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like a good box pressed cigar just as much as a round one. They tend to be easier to clamp down on if I'm on the move. Some of the stronger ones I've tried are Aging Room F55, Padron, and Tatuaje TAA's. Definitely a mixed bad on the draw though. Not always 100%.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roma Craft Neanderthal HN packs quite a punch!

I don't have a preference as to box pressed or round, as long as it is not plugged.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box press or round doesn't matter to me as long as it is a good smoke. 
    Strongest so far... hmmm LFD DL or Chisel

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man O War will kick a little bit
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy both, but round just seems "more right"

Strongest is a tie between Punch Grand Puro  and one I got in a CAO 4 pack, think it was the Brazilia. That one made me put down the final 3rd of it.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Man O War will kick a little bit
    I bought some recently along with some Diesel Rage. I have yet to unwrap them but I FIGGERED they would be Fuerte.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others have said, no preference if the draw and burn are good.

As to strength, it's hard to say; sometimes a cigar will kick my butt, and then when I have another one on another day, it's nothing at all.

I say if you want a strong cigar caffeine-wise, just inhale more.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Anybody ever smoked one of them footballs? 

Image result for fuente football cigar
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    Looks good!
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Anybody ever smoked one of them footballs? 

Image result for fuente football cigar
    I bet that looks funny puffing on that 
    I've seen pic of a OLD woman in Cuba smoking something like that. 
    That happens to be a FFOX...would probably have a stroke from the MSRP lol