Home General Discussion

Slimpickins

Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s slim pickings, even in Cuba. Almost no age on inventory and they sell stuff as soon as it’s out of the factory. I had to hunt for a few boxes with a few years on them. SLR A are impossible to find and I came across a 2011 1/2 box I took them.

Comments

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like that is becoming the case industry-wide. Lot of places I go, the better stuff is either back-ordered or out of stock indefinitely. Good for the companies and shops, good for our hobby as well, but it sure is a PITA when you're looking for stuff made in lesser quantities. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice haul @Oyam123, what do you have in the bamboo(?) bundle David?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Farm rolls are in the palm leaf, about the best tasting of all. 
    Post edited by Oyam123 on
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice
    A little dirt never hurt
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Cohiba Maduro!!!  <3
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    That Cohiba Maduro!!!  <3
    Its a fake.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about one of these two:
    http://www.hillbilly-music.com/news/story/index.php?id=8074
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slim_Pickens
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Seems like that is becoming the case industry-wide. Lot of places I go, the better stuff is either back-ordered or out of stock indefinitely. Good for the companies and shops, good for our hobby as well, but it sure is a PITA when you're looking for stuff made in lesser quantities. 
    I noticed the same when I was in Cancun
    Nothing with any age around still bought a few boxes and will let them age for a few years.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....