Home Cigar 101

Coolidor related

NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Cigar 101
Will one of the large Boveda 320 gram suffice for a coolidor (48 quart) to maintain rh?

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

Answers

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 6 in mine. Probably overkill, but I'd suggest at least 3 of them. You can never have too many bovies
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    I've got 6 in mine. Probably overkill, but I'd suggest at least 3 of them. You can never have too many bovies
    Of the 320 Gram size?

Yup. Like I said, probably overkill lol
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    It depends on how many cigars are in your cooler, according to Boveda, a 320 gram is good for up to 150 cigars, now that being said, more will not over hydrate, it will take longer to dry out the packs. the good thing about Bovedas is they will regulate to the label if you use 69% it will hold at that RH, no matter how many you use.
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the what used to be large ones (I think 60 gram) this way I use 6 in a 70qt cooler and can space them around the cooler to help maintain humidity and recover quicker.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're thinking of getting just one, I'd get two or get a spare so that way you can recharge one while using the other if/when they start to get low.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    @Yakster I was thinking two of the large 320’s but that comment makes me think 4 two for rotation while the others recharge 

edited January 2018
    I wonder if the larger packs take longer to recharge...haven't reached a point where I've had to test that out yet. I'm on month 8 of having the cooler with the same bovedas and they're nowhere close to low.
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them smokes are like rabbits and just seem to keep multiplying! Just get you a brick of bovies and a couple more coolers  ;)
    Thinking probably going to invest in another cooler. I have had great success with my previous one but it has the smaller 60 gram Boveda since it. Wanted to set up the new one with larger ones 

• MrsWylaffMrsWylaff Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    When you get the cooler wash out out completely to where there is no smell, stack your cigars and add bovitas, open at least one a week for air flow
    ~~PeNgUiNs~~
    Crumpled newspaper can absorb odor.  I've soaked a cotton ball in vanilla and put in a sandwich bag in a cooler (not a cigar cooler) for smelly problems.

edited February 2018
    I threw so Boveda’s and A few pieces of cedar in it for two weeks prior to putting any sticks in it. Going to fill it this weekend.

I'd go the boveda route for that. Cheaper and you can keep recharging.
    Cigar-20074900 go the Boveda route
    Nice lookin coolidor 

• YournamehereYournamehere Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    The cigar oasis will get mold eventually so I’d go boveda...plus you can ad small fans on a timer to help regulate the humidity
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boveda's or Oasis humiditity system for this guy... that is the question. Oasis could be a bit much but I'm a go big or go home personality type
    Trish that is beautiful!
    I use Bovedas. I keep a small one in each box, and a large 360gr on top of the singles baskets ( no drawers). The desert is a tough environment to keep humidification stable. Buy more than you think you will need, rotate and recharge when they get depleted. Don't be afraid to ask questions here. Good Luck!
    Welcome to the asylum for cigar nerds.  :)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    I keep small ones in the boxes too

• TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Boveda's or Oasis humiditity system for this guy... that is the question. Oasis could be a bit much but I'm a go big or go home personality type
    Trish that is beautiful!
    I use Bovedas. I keep a small one in each box, and a large 360gr on top of the singles baskets ( no drawers). The desert is a tough environment to keep humidification stable. Buy more than you think you will need, rotate and recharge when they get depleted. Don't be afraid to ask questions here. Good Luck!
    Welcome to the asylum for cigar nerds.  :)
    Thanks for the info.  Yeah it's harsh for sure.  Good to see peeps from the ol Burque hehehe
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish said:
    ...HoLA...
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Nice setup for the desert @Trish, a few big Boveda's so you can rotate out for recharge and you have it made. The seals on those coolers are incredible, don't need a huge investment in humidity.

That said you appear to be low, have you got this month's newsletter?
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    She's still waiting on last month's edition because some rascal dropped the ball  :#
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bday day boys says bomb away mother ****!!!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    Markwell said:
    dirtdude said:
    She's still waiting on last month's edition because some rascal dropped the ball  :#
    **** RoCk on!!!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    Lol go to bed Tex...you're drunk son
    Markwell said:
    Lol go to bed Tex...you're drunk son
    27 minutes left of my bday Mark then I'll go to bed brother!
    It's so cool talking to people from the past lol. Enjoy what' sleft of your day
    Markwell said:
    It's so cool talking to people from the past lol. Enjoy what' sleft of your day
    Every second I will but I will never die