Home Non Cigar Related

Olympics

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't seen any post about this. The youth of the world gathers to compete. We have been watching every night.
I had a season pass to Aspen Mountain hanging around my neack for two years in the 80's and i came to appreciate good skiers. Nice to see the kids of today at their best.  

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty amazing!  My 11 year old daughter asked last night if she "had" to watch with us. Um, yea. you do...this only happens once every four years and these are the best our country has to offer in their respective sports. I get that someone in Korea is not hearing me cheer for them but damn if I'm not still going to cheer...

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always enjoyed watching and supporting our athletes. I still feel a great sense of pride for those competing representing our country. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowboarding half pipe is very exciting to watch. Also enjoy the luge (spelling) and downhill skiing.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Jamaica in the Bobsled event? I prefer the timed events over the judged events.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Is Jamaica in the Bobsled event? I prefer the timed events over the judged events.
    There's a Jamaican Female team this year!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy y'all are enjoying it all but I don't want to watch. I'm fast forwarding through any of it I can. And, so much politics involved. The media is spinning hard like those ice skaters do. The athletes are politicizing too. Be glad when it's over. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    We can not watch it together tonight on the vHerf, @Bob_Luken.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the gold medal winning snowboarder drag the American flag on the ground and inadvertantly step on it.  Social medai wents nuts, as it should.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBC, it is official. The worst olympics coverage in history.
    What do you expect, their highest rated show is "the view"
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the gold medal winning snowboarder drag the American flag on the ground and inadvertantly step on it.  Social medai wents nuts, as it should.

He stated that it was an accident.  At the same time it is OK for NFL players to not stand for the National Anthem which is part of displaying our flag?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm old school whe it comes to the flag. I don't think the athletes need to be wearing it as a cape during victory celebrations or otherwise disregarding "the code" but it has become a tradition. And now you say those pot-head snowboarders are dragging it around? It keeps getting worser and worser.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly why I haven't tuned in. Sick and tired of mainstream, brain dead sports jocks who get paid millions of dollars while our troops risk their lives and make 5 figures. To hell with them. Ok...I've got it out of my system. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just learned that a gold medal earns $35,700 and a bronze gets $15,000 and a silver is somewhere in between. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And any US winners will have to pay taxes on those bonuses and in the value of any medals they bring back.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly it has been a poor showing for Team USA so far.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....