Home Pipes

Pipe Rack

LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
Any suggestions on what to do for a pipe rack? What are the best options?
LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw a bunch at the thrift store, but they didn't impress so I left them there.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    I look there
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of building one. I need something. I have several but I'm out of room .
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arch has a wall hanging design I like but I don't have the wall space it requires. I've thought about making my own, it doesn't seem terribly complicated. But then I just toss my cobs back in their shoebox and gently put my briar in a coffee can and forget all about it
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want your typical rack design with multiple levels that I can mount on the wall. They have then in 24 pipe racks and maybe in he 30's but I want something that holds more. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arch has a wall hanging design I like but I don't have the wall space it requires. I've thought about making my own, it doesn't seem terribly complicated. But then I just toss my cobs back in their shoebox and gently put my briar in a coffee can and forget all about it
    I could be mistaken, but hanging them stem down/bowl up, like Archy's design isn't desirable.  At least that's what I've heard... but then if you run a pipe cleaner through after use, it shouldn't matter right?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @peter4jc you aren't mistaken. It is not the most desirable manner of storage. But I hear tell that it works out fine anyway. The part of that design that appeals to me is the compactness and the stability. It's snug to the wall and I wouldn't have to worry about all my pipes falling down if I bumped it. I like the aesthetics of the bowl down, leaning style but I don't think they would actually work for me in the long run
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...might have to take up pipe shelving along with restoration.

I believe most of Europe stores their pipes bowl up, stem down. As long as you clean your pipe it really doesn't matter. If you're afraid of something magically appearing and running down the stem, store with a pipe cleaner.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Hmm...might have to take up pipe shelving along with restoration.

I believe most of Europe stores their pipes bowl up, stem down. As long as you clean your pipe it really doesn't matter. If you're afraid of something magically appearing and running down the stem, store with a pipe cleaner.
    I was just going to say that. When in Rome last year, we stopped in several smoke shops looking for cigars. What we found was very high end pipe shops. Many had pipe racks like a shelf with holes drilled through, pipe stem down through the hole, bowl displayed sideways.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    I think I may build one also
    LoneSmoker