Home Cigar 101

Whoops

While doing some maintenance I found a 601 by EO in a drawer that had been sitting for about six months without humidification. I put it in my humidor and left it for a few weeks and smoked it today, surprisingly it was OK. There were a couple of small cracks in the wrapper that let to minor burn issues. The flavor was not that great but the cigar strength was OK. The experience showed me to never give up on a cigar, although, I am glad it was only a single cigar and not an entire box.

Comments

• CastleCrestCastleCrest Posts: 51
    I found about 40 Fuente cigars the other day in my woirk shop.
    I thought it was an emptry box (I have lots of empty boxes)
    turned out to be almost full!~!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a few that were left in a friends glovebox in the middle of summer for almost 2 months.  i think they were CAO blacks (original) its been about a year since they hit my humi.  i may have to try em out soon.
  • mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    Its always a nice treat to have someone dump a cigar or two, or three in your lap that they had sitting around the house. I mean who says no to a free cigar ... unless it was a Mac? I've learned to be patient and let the humi do its work. Let me just say though, cigars are nothing like beer where "free beer is the best beer". At some point even I will say no thanks. My humidor isnt a junk yard. If it is a classic, my humidor is willing to do some restoration work.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 14
    This weekend a friend of mine gave me some Fuentes he had around and I put them in my humi.  How long should I leave them in.  These were very dry and I had to handle them very gingerly.  How long does it take for them to recover?
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    id give them at least a few weeks if not longer...if the wrapper wasnt already cracking take them out in a week or two and see how they look/feel compared to the other cigars in your humi
  • Cigar-20073735Cigar-20073735 Posts: 19 ✭✭
    I have heard of people putting in a tupperdore with a slice of uncooked potato. Swapping potato our frequently to keep mold away. 3 or 4 days and presto.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I heard of unicorns, leprechauns, and gnomes but that does not mean they are real and should be taken serious.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animated GIF
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )