Home General Discussion
Options

Acid in gas stations?

Anyone see Acid cigars in the gas stations?

Comments

• Options
    Cigar-20073735Cigar-20073735 Posts: 19 ✭✭
    I just picked up a Kuba kuba for 7 bucks. It was next to backwoods. Lol
    When are we gonna see more premium cigars there?
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Acid kuba kuba is is not not my idea of premium but yes, gas stations and beer stops are aware that men like cigars but, they don't really know what the hell they're doing. I see cabinet humidors in a few beer stores around here but sketchy humidification and basic (very basic) selections. And I can think of three of these right off the top of my head that have their glass cabinets facing the sunlight coming in through the front store windows. Bad idea.  
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Owned by Swisher Sweets so I would expect them in the same places you find those. Personally, I rather smoke a swisher then an acid. Both are nasty.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    However, There are a couple of large liquor stores in my area that are hitting it out of the park with some nice walk-in humidors with a descent selection. 
  • Options
    My area Absolutly sux for brick n mortar shops. We have smokers choice carrying a very limited supply of cigars. I have to order online to get anything worthwhile. Now when I am working I don't mind grabbing cheap cigars and have never had acid before now. I'll be sure to comment what I think after trying. Tonite is cao la Traviata and Monkey Shoulder nite tho.
  • Options
    Tonite is cao la Traviata and Monkey Shoulder nite tho.

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We carry Acid Blondie...they's right between the BM's and Backwoods. All of which set against the south window without humidification. The Acid box has been there since September. We've sold a grand total of 3. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Oh the backwoods!
    Reminds me of my late teens and early twenties stumbling around a bonfire with the hillbillies in upstate NY. Not that that was a bad thing, sometimes I do miss the hillarities of it. 
    My evening tonite tho has been obsessing over the blend of three very good singlemalts formong a good scotch, (Monkey Shoulder) and the CAO latraviata, maduro...mmmmmmm
    Have to say that with temps in the 20's I could use one of those mountain bonfires !!!!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The La Traviatas are s great budget smoke
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to warn you, that's not Acid, those are bath-salts, but I see I was off track.  >:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a super market chain in NC, Harris Teeters, who have small cabinet humidors in some of their locations and sell man made cigars.  The bad news is that our local store does not have one and the manager is not sure when the company will get around to installing one for them.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YankeeMan where are you at in NC? The HT in Concord has one but nothing special and very overpriced. 
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in beautiful downtown Tarboro, but our HT is in Rocky Mount, about 20 minutes away.  We have a couple of B & M's in Rocky Mount, but they are fairly limited for cigars, lots of vape stuff and things I used to seize during raids when I was In law enforcement!
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    YankeeMan said:
    I'm in beautiful downtown Tarboro, but our HT is in Rocky Mount, about 20 minutes away.  We have a couple of B & M's in Rocky Mount, but they are fairly limited for cigars, lots of vape stuff and things I used to seize during raids when I was In law enforcement!
    I’m outside of Charlotte. Some good B&Ms. Nice lounge up in Salisbury.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Bob_Luken said:
    However, There are a couple of large liquor stores in my area that are hitting it out of the park with some nice walk-in humidors with a descent selection. 

You have to look but 2 have opened in Jackson, in gas stations.. One of the got a 20 minute talking to about humidity.

We still have the curmudgeon in Jackson. He doesn't like me because I buy cigars off the internet, but he will happily take my money. He has his humidity down pat.
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    The Harris Teeter in Pinehurst has a decent sized walk-in. Prices are a little higher or about the same as a B&M depending on brand.