Home General Discussion

A first for me

I was at my local b&m last night hanging out with my ol pal rocky p. And in walks a middle aged guy. Knows what he is after, grabs it and procedes to pay. Upon paying he is making small talk with owner and removes the cello off the cigar, but with no intention on smoking. Shop owner asks " why are you taking it out of the wrapper?"  Guy responds with "you cant put it in your humi with cello on"...... So my question is do yall remove the cello or leave cello on when putting in humidor???

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess im doing it wrong
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. If it comes with cello it stays on. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• NitronostrilNitronostril Posts: 16
    Here is my thing.... whats the point of having a spanish cedar humi if you keep it in the cello? Personally i always take em out so that the 2 can rest in harmony. Ive always heard cigars needed to "age or taste properly" best with spanish cedar. Hell maybe ive been doing it all wrong... 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this a first for you?  You say you watched this play out and never heard of this happening, then you go on to say you yourself practice this, so which is it.  Anyway this has been beat to death, I don't give a crap what you do, if that's the way you prefer to store your cigars than have it.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the thousandth time.

If they come with cello, I leave them on. I have a tower cabinet and I can't always find anything in it. So I root through looking for what I want.
    Without cello, I can and have damaged cigars looking for what I want.

So, I have one shelf strictly for cigars without cello and I try and keep those organized so I don't have to mess with them.

Also, there is a search on this forum and this has been addressed, over and over and over and over.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    @Patrickbrick

First for me because ive just never thought about leaving them on. 99% of the time the gars I buy dont come with cellos on them. Hell i can remember when they first started getting boxed with cellos.  I wasnt asking what the "right thing to do is". I was just curious if anybody had a taste preference between leaving them on, or taking them off.  Or can u even tell a difference in taste...  
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference, the cello is for protection.
    @deadman

Thank you for being a gentleman on your answer.
  • YournamehereYournamehere Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    If your asking about flavor difference it really depends...do you plan on aging them? If you do how long? From personal experience long term aging is better if they are sealed(boxes left in plastic) since it slows down some of the aging effects. If short term well then imho cello doesn’t matter much. The cello is good and even cigars that don’t come with it I try to protect them with something else. 
    @Bob_Luken

Mind is blown........ i never knew cello was breathable.. 

@yournamehere,

Im too old to take a chance "aging them" if i die before i can smoke them just means wife will have a bigger auction 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Singles I like to leave the cello on boxes I prefer to take it off. Everything I’ve read says that when aging especially in boxes allows the aromas and flavors to meld together. But when you feel they are reaching their peak put the cello back on to slow the process down. 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this a first for you?  You say you watched this play out and never heard of this happening, then you go on to say you yourself practice this, so which is it.  Anyway this has been beat to death, I don't give a crap what you do, if that's the way you prefer to store your cigars than have it.
    Be nice Patrick