Home Cigar 101

Cigar Cooler Humidor

TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there
So I'm very new to the scene and have recently purchased an electric humidor. I'm curious on what your recomendation would be for rh levels. I live in AZ so it gets VERY hot and dry (hence the reason I opted for the temp control) I understand it will ultimately come down to preference but I am looking for a good range to start with as what I have been reading and both my B&M's all seem to contradict each other. I'm taking my time trying to get it dialed in before adding cigars to it. It's currently in the 67% - 70rh range, although I read a feed here before that's too high? Please help a girl out because the thought of beetles is not a pleasant one lol!

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like 65-67%
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also like mine in the 65-67% range.  I find they smoke a little better than at a higher RH.  I guess it comes down to personal preference.
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Agreed on the 65-67% range.  This part of the desert goes from 0 to high humidity in no time.  I have less burn/relight issues in that range, along with dry boxing at times.
    Welcome to the club. 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give yourself a name instead of the number and stick around. 
  • YournamehereYournamehere Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    I’m 62-65 and 65 temp...I know it will be hard for you to keep temp down but that is a main factor 
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks guys I'll start there. 

Deadman as for the name looks like it didn't stick hehe