Home General Discussion

Colorado Herf 2018 Interest - 30th Irish Birthday

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Ccom Brotherhood and sisterhood! Next March in 2018 I have my 30th and had been doing some thinking. I dunno if there would be any interest but I would really like to celebrate with my friends and had an idea. We have never had a Colorado herf though over the years there has been some chatter about it and we do have a few members (though many haven't been active recently) in Colorado that with some persuasion I am sure could join and make it. I had a great time at the Reno Herf to celebrate Wayne's birthday and would love to do that if anyone is willing and interested here in Colorado next March in 2018. I had two thoughts and wanted to offer that up and see if there is any interest in either of them.

1. We don't have room to put anyone up at our place since it is small and only two bedroom, though I could put someone on the couch for the night if needed. But that being said March is normally pretty nice and we have a backyard that we can setup some shade and seating in and we would open our house to host this and would supply the food, drink, and I would open my entire stash to anyone who came the entire day. Would start in the morning and go late into the night for anyone who wanted to stay. 

2. If we don't want to host at our place and meet Mrs. Irish and our boy Cael, we could host at a lounge here. There is a terrific lounge and some great restaurants in Longmont, CO as well as Louisville, CO that we could set this up at. Plenty of places to eat around and because they are not "destination" spots hotel and lodging can be had much cheaper than say Denver. I would be happy to do this at a lounge in Denver as well if everyone would rather and that would make it more attractive, I just imagine that lodging, food and everything would be cheaper if we did this in Longmont or Louisville. 

We could either set this up as a one or two day event and there is no set date right now, I turn 30 on March 13th, but don't care at all if its done anytime near that, just would like to set it up in March if possible.

So what do you all think, would anyone be up for this? I can probably get Brett @firetruckguy
to join us, Noah @ndhaon91and Antonio @armaes8 to join us too. I know that Jeff @Sketch6995
is in Grand Junction so he could drive in if he was able and willing too. Hoping to get Luke @Captain_Call out here for that as well.

Thanks and hope this gains traction,
Brett

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in......can I being strippers?   :D
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do I want pics!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they are virgins and we can roll cigars on their thighs ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I want to see Jeff being even one stripper....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Well I'm sure 50 bucks and you can do just about anything on her thigh lol but a virgin she ain't. 

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armoured car full of strippers, can see it now. Who can say no to that.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Jeff brings the party favors, everyone will being strippers.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Well you don't want to buy party favors at the store, 35% sales tax makes it pretty damn expensive lol 

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, you are only going to be 30.  LOL
    Well I will let this go for a while and see if there is any more interest. If not then we will put something small together with Jeff and Luke and some of the other local brothers ;)
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to come but I'm traveling most of February so it would be hard to get away in March too.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Sorry to hear that Eric but completely understand, would love to meet up some other time if we can arrange it :)
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always interested just hard to commit to something 4 months out, a lot changing here which should open up a lot of flexibility but will have to see how things play out. 
    A little dirt never hurt
    Hey guys, well its the new year and March is fast approaching so I want to start getting this put together now.

My 30th is March 13th so I was thinking that we could either do it March 10th, or March 17th. The 17th is St. PAddy's Day so not sure if that would be better or worse, what do you guys want?? 

The plan as I was thinking about it would be to meet for lunch about 1-2pm and then after that head to the lounge and have drinks and smokes. It would be BYOB but I will supply as much as I can for those who can't as easily bring stuff to enjoy. I will be brining a crap load of sticks to share as well as some scotch and bourbon and probably some beer as well. 

Here is where I was thinking of having the Herf, it is in Louisville, CO at Havana Manor which would be easy for those of us coming from Northern Colorado as well as those from Denver. If everyone would prefer we could also do it in Denver instead but I am not very familiar with Cigar Shops in Denver and would have to do some research to see which would let us herf and bring in our own smokes and drinks. Here is a link to Havana Manor so you can see what its like, I will say they have a pretty decent humidor and pretty good selection, easy to get to and for Jeff Sketch and anyone else there are plenty of hotels and stuff around if anyone needs to stay the night. 

Havana Manor:  http://havanamanor.wixsite.com/havanamanor

So to wrap up, BYOB on March 10th or 17th, meet for lunch at 1-2pm and then herf for as long as everyone wants at Havana Manor in Louisville?

Please let me know so I can start planning and scheduling everything.

Brett
    I would prefer the 10th but I'll make the 17th work if it's what the majority favors
    I’m thinking the 10th might be better since St. paddy’s day is likely going to be a circus. Does anyone have a problem with the 10th?
    Hotel booked. I'm at the la quinta on cascade avenue if others want to group up and carpool
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.  Might have to send a birthday package to help you guys celebrate
    Hey Guys and Gals,

Here's the final update and plan for the 10th. On March 10th we are all meeting at Old Santa Fe mexican restaurant on McCaslin Blvd in Louisville, CO at 1:00pm mountain time. Somewhere between 2:00pm-2:30pm we will head over and meet at Havana Manor in Louisville, CO to hang out, drink and smoke and have cake for several hours. I will post the address and link to both Old Sante Fe and Havana Manor below. I will be providing a huge amount of cigars, soda, beer and bourbon to share and enjoy. Please feel free to bring whatever you want to drink or enjoy as well as since I dont drink a lot of dark beers that is likely not something I will be stocking in the cooler.

Here is the lineup of who is coming that I know of:
    Brett and Amanda Jarman - Irish Family
    Luke and Kit - @Captain_Call
    Pops Jarman
    Two of my Uncle's and a cousin
    Firetruckguy Brett - @firetruckguy
    Noah - @ndhaon91 - MAYBE
    Antonio - @armaes8 - MAYBE
    Jeff Sketch - @Sketch6995 - MAYBE

I need confirmation ASAP from Jeff @Sketch6995 as well as Noah and Antonio to see if they are going to be there, need confirmation for reservations at Old Santa Fe as well as giving Havana Manor a heads up.

Old Santa Fe: 592 McCaslin Blvd, Louisville, CO 80027  (720) 890-8456

Havana Manor: 1124 W Dillon Rd, Louisville, CO 80027  (303) 666-6134

http://havanamanor.wixsite.com/havanamanor

Thanks All,

Brett Jarman - Irish

Looking forward to seeing everyone that’s going to make it tomorrow! I will be supplying beer, liquor, soft drinks and a crapload of cigars to share with everyone so y’all only need to bring yourselves. See you tomorrow!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brett, I so wish I could have been there.  If it was a month or so later I would have found a way.  I hope you are having an amazing time and happy happy birthday!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Thanks Eric really appreciate that. It was a small event and very relaxed but we had a great time :) Thanks for the kind words and wishes!
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great time! Hope to make a Herf in the future

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there was a @Unicorn and a @BlueUnicornTrainer there? And @90+_Irishman smoked a unicorn cigar? I see a theme. Glad you had a great time. And happy birthday, Brett. 
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?