Home Non Cigar Related

Finally.... some good news!

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
I had originally posted this in the "Fluff Post Thread."

clearlysuspect:
4 years served honorably in the United States Navy......
2 years spent supporting the Marine Corp with test and evaluation on the V-22 Osprey......
2 years spent in local committees designing Human Rights agendas, collegiate scholarships for standout youth, and fair representation of the common worker......
Thousands of lives affected.......

And next Friday, one woman gets to determine whether I get to keep my job or not. All because someone somewhere decided that my job was a "Position of Public Trust" and George W. Bush decided to enact an executive order which draws out suitability and unsuitability to hold these positions.

Oh, one more number for you.... 68.....

68 good, knowledgable, experienced, hardworking aircraft mechanics and operations support personnel dismissed from their careers this year at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland because one woman, who couldn't tell you what an airplane looks like, decided they were unsuitable. What a shame.

Today, after a long drawn out investigation over the course of the last year answering every question under the sun, I finally got the good news in form of an email from my boss. It read "This is to inform you, you have met final suitable determination for a position of public trust."

This is a huge weight off my shoulders and my family's shoulders! Even in the wake of some really bad news (lost one family member and one friend in the last 24 hours) this brought a huge sigh of relief and a big smile!

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Phil sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to hear you are still employed!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    I had originally posted this in the "Fluff Post Thread."

clearlysuspect:
    4 years served honorably in the United States Navy......
    2 years spent supporting the Marine Corp with test and evaluation on the V-22 Osprey......
    2 years spent in local committees designing Human Rights agendas, collegiate scholarships for standout youth, and fair representation of the common worker......
    Thousands of lives affected.......

And next Friday, one woman gets to determine whether I get to keep my job or not. All because someone somewhere decided that my job was a "Position of Public Trust" and George W. Bush decided to enact an executive order which draws out suitability and unsuitability to hold these positions.

68 good, knowledgable, experienced, hardworking aircraft mechanics and operations support personnel dismissed from their careers this year at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland because one woman, who couldn't tell you what an airplane looks like, decided they were unsuitable. What a shame.

Today, after a long drawn out investigation over the course of the last year answering every question under the sun, I finally got the good news in form of an email from my boss. It read "This is to inform you, you have met final suitable determination for a position of public trust."

This is a huge weight off my shoulders and my family's shoulders! Even in the wake of some really bad news (lost one family member and one friend in the last 24 hours) this brought a huge sigh of relief and a big smile!

Brutal, my condolences on the loss and congratulations on your suitability to continue to provide for you and your family. The light of life is warm in the darkest of times.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Glad to hear you can keep your job bro.
    Hope you're continually blessed in this time of loss...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad we can trust you. Since the government deems you are trustworthy maybe just maybe I will trade with you someday. Glad you get to keep your job.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sorry about your losses bro ...but congrats on the job , at least thats one less thing to be stressed about !
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts. It's definately been one turbulent 48 hours of really good news and really bad news leaving me unsure of how exactly to feel. Hard to feel excited and sad at the same time. Monday started off with two really awesome job offers that would get my family back down to Florida, followed up later that night that my Uncle died of a heart attack. Tuesday started bad and ended bad. Just before work my brother text messaged me that a friend of our family committed suicide by shooting himself in the heart. About 15 minutes later I got the news that my security clearance investigation came back positive. Later that night, we had a mishap on my aircraft that caused some minor damages but will likely stir up a lot of investigations and paperwork.

Oh and one last thing.....

clearlysuspect:

Got news yesterday from some of my union officials that the lady who was pulling mechanics clearances just because they had missed a couple payments on a credit card, was found "unsuitable" and dismissed. Karma.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Hey Suspect...keep your head to the sky... Out of all this you are still in control and able to deal with it. The Brothers here are with you all the way and in our hearts we hope for the best for you and your family. STAY STRONG!!!