Home Non Cigar Related

Your home town.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
I found these youtubes about my home town.
Just wondering if others have similar youtube videos about their towns or areas.

https://youtu.be/kElh3pIRZp4

https://youtu.be/eHg6p_V2lzM
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Echambers said:
    Man!  I’m so old that video makes my ears and eyes bleed. Do people actually call that schidt music??
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, that’s more like what I’d expect to see on this thread. Thanks for the great footage, @silvermouse. Are you the dronist?
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm not the dronist. The last storm tore up the dunes pretty good, wouldn't want to own a house overlooking this scene. Here's another of a couple of cottages that sold last fall for over $4 million; the new owner is planning to tear them down and replace them with a couple of new ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHr4ngC-JCM

The Cape has become a slum for people with too much money and too little sense, erecting McMansions that they live in just in the summer. The level of arrogance and elitism is stunning. A lobster fisherman friend was sued a few  years ago by a newly-arrived neighbor for having lobster traps stored in his back yard overwinter. His family goes back to the Wampanoag tribe and early colonial settlers. Housing for working folks is difficult to find and very expensive. And the new folks' kids don't want the jobs in the local markets even though they pay $12-16/hour. Arrgh, back in the '60s it wasn't like this.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have sand like that without the water, thanks for the vids Edward.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I miss Cape Cod and all the history of that area. We lived in Weymouth for quite a fee years when I was younger. At that time, there was a train that ran from Braintree to Boston. Could take a bus from Weymouth to Braintree, then on to Boston and Fenway Park. 
    Not sure if you can still do that now days or if a person would even want to. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This is shot at our local Disc Golf course during last year's PA state championship. The guy throwing on here the most is a touring pro that showed up. Nikko could throw far, but it hurt him on this course that demands pinpoint accuracy. Next year, the Amateur World Championships is held in York County and will include rounds on this course, about 5 minutes from where I work. BTW, I'm in the vid, but I won't say who.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mekh_BTO49A

And a local tradition:

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It won't show the other vid for some reason.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Here's how it is

Oh sure. Show something like that. And here I am stuck in the monsoon area.
    It was sunny here today. I took the day off. It becomes a holiday, the first nice day of the year.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭